[OutVoice] JGLsongs - March 2009 Newsletter

Jon Gilbert Leavitt jon at jglsongs.com
Sun Mar 15 18:48:32 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

Spring is literally days away, and it will be great to bid farewell to this
long, long winter! Here¹s the latest in my March 2009 newsletter. The link
to the .pdf is here, or you can just read it in text format below.

All the best,
Jon

DOWNLOAD JGLsongs MARCH Œ09 NEWSLETTER (link to .pdf):
http://www.jglsongs.com/JGLSongsMar09NEWSLETTER.pdf

TEXT VERSION:

ONTRACK  - JGLsongs Newsletter ­ March 2009

NEWNEWS

LICENSED TO BILL
JGLsongs has just signed with PumpAudio as a non-exclusive licensor ­ more
information to come in the near future. Some of Pump Audio¹s clients include
MTV, NBC Universal, CBS, ABC, BBC, A&E, VH1, Comedy Central,
Spike TV, UPN, The Oprah Winfrey Show, IBM, Mercedes-Benz, Ameritrade,
Burger King, Kodak, Louis Jadot and Kellogg's. JGLsongs is also affiliated
with My Music Source as another non-exclusive licensor for some cuts.
More information at jglsongs.com under ³Licensing.².

THIS TRAIL¹S GOTTEN A LOT LONGER
The pilot for the upcoming cable TV series ³Tales from the Trail,² on which
Jon is the head composer, is finished, and in talks with the online
counterpart to a cable TV outdoor channel for sponsorship and
online viewing before it hits the small screen ­ with hopefully an entire
season of episodes. More info will be available later this spring.

REPRISE RE-PRIDE
Ten years ago, Jon released a single called Pride, which was a musical
version of gay history of the 20th century, à la Billy Joel¹s We Didn¹t
Start the Fire. Now, 2009 marks the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall
Rebellion and the
beginning of the gay rights movement ­ so it¹s only fitting to update and
release Pride 2009 . The recording and arrangement is brand new, features
vocals by indie Kevin Hannan, and will be accompanied by a video ­ an
historic montage of the last 110 years of GLBTQ history. The EP will be
called Pride at 40 , and will feature vocalists Becky Maas, David Brown and
Kevin Hannan. Release is slated for mid-spring 2009, just in time for pride
season.

OLDNEWS

COOL, COOL SUMMER
Looks like Tony Vidal¹s teen flick, ³The Prankster,² will be hitting
theatres this summer, with Jon as one of the contributing composers to the
entire soundtrack. The movie features Ken Divitian (Get Smart, Borat),
Robert Adamson (Lincoln Heights), Michaela Watkins (Saturday Night Live),
Matt Angel (Suite Life of Zac and Cody), Kurt Fuller (Mr. Woodcock, The
Pursuit of Happyness, Van Wilder 3), Veronica Sixtos (Tyler Perry¹s House of
Payne),
and Marcella Lentz-Pope (Superbad, Malcolm in the Middle).

MAKINGTRACKS

Jon will be attending ASCAP¹s ³I Create Music² expo in Los Angeles in late
April ­ an event chock full of workshops, music business seminars,
interviews as well as live performances and lots and lots of networking. Any
fellow music people who will be there, let me know!

Jon Gilbert Leavitt
jglsongs.com

JGLsongs LLC
music production