[OutVoice] QMH for March - Gay Guys on Cassette, Part 2

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 11:02:22 CDT 2009

Howdy from Houston,

Last November on Queer Music Heritage I did a show
Called “Lesbians on Cassette,” where the criteria was that
a recording could ONLY have been released on tape,
Never on vinyl or CD, or reissued on CD. Well, it’s the
guys’ turn, and I’m making it a two-parter, with two
hours for February and three for March. The first hour
for each month is broadcast locally, and the rest, with perhaps
racier material, is internet only. All shows can be heard
right now. Here’s the March info:

Part 1 – Airdate 3/23/09 – 57:36 min.
Harry C.S. Wingfield – Miles To Go (1993)
Harry C.S. Wingfield – I Do I Do I Do (the Senior Prom Song) (1992)
Worm – Make It Allright (1992)
Steve Cohen – Mr. Wilson (1995)
Steve Cohen – Record Land (1995)
Will Grega – One Touch From You
Windy City Gay Chorus – What’ll I Do (1992)
Pistol Pete & Popgun Paul – Superfag (1997)
Pistol Pete & Popgun Paul – Never Be Straight (1997)
Mark Bunyan – Is S/He One? (1985)
Jeff Miller – Baby Blue (1988)
Jeff Miller – All My Exes Live at BeeJays (1988)
Mark Islam – Don’t Want To Talk About It (1995)
Dan Martin – You Don’t Know Me (1992)

Part 2 – 60:26 min.
Ted Fox – When We Were Friends (1992)
Rus McCoy – Happy Birthday Baby Butch (1991)
Boy’s Entrance – Searching For A Thrill (1992)
Rob Costin – Kissing With Our Eyes (1993)
Rick Robertson – For Saturday (1993)
Jeffery K – Batgirl Epiphany (1997)
Paul Warren – The Water Is Wide (1993)
Kamchick – It’s Not the Hat (That Makes You a Cowboy) (1995)
I.S.O. – Girlfriend (1993)
I.S.O. – I’m Gay (That’s OK) (1993)
Woof – Just a Bear (1997)
Andy Quan – I’d Still Have You Back (1999)
Gustavo Motta & Jason Bauer – You’ll Miss Tomorrow (1993)
Peter Donnelly – My Gal Sam (1992)
Racket Club – Maleman / One World (1993)

Part 3 – 60:40 min.
Christian Left – Cousin Harry Was a Fairy (1994)
Adult Children of Heterosexuals –
I’m So Hard So I’m So Easy (1992, edited)
The Sun Machine (Phideaux Xavier) – Lady Savior (1992)
The Sun Machine (Phideaux Xavier) – Love the Reptiles (1992)
Michael Bonti – Quilted City (1993)
Chris Cochrane – Forever In My Life (1989)
Chris Cochrane – While You Were Out (1989)
Joe Bracco – Cruiser’s Blues (1992)
Joe Bracco – Golden Boy (1992)
Joe Bracco – With Our Voices (1992)
Andy Monroe – Boy In The Pool (1996)
Andy Monroe – I Only Think of You (1996)
Andy Monroe – I Love You So Much (1996)
Jim Laev – Smells Like a Gay Bar (1997)
Jim Laev – Sunday Times (1997)
Jim Laev – Queer as the Night Is Long (1997)
Martin Swinger – Something Like Goodbye (1994)
Martin Swinger – Man Who Likes Men (1994)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/mar2009.html

The first hour is netcast at http://www.kpft.org
on the fourth Monday of the month at 10pm CST

Both shows are being dedicated to Will Grega.
Check out my March show to see why…:)

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT,
Monday nights from 9-11 pm, www.kpft.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle