[OutVoice] "Paved Paradise Redux": on to San Francisco next!

Zecca Esquibel zecca at erols.com
Fri Jul 10 10:31:09 CDT 2009

YAY! A bit toney for us, but John Kelly and I will be back in San
Francisco for four show at the dazzling RRAZZ Room (Cleo Laine, Lorna
Luft, and Freddie Jackson are on in coming weeks, but hey so are Joey
Arias and Sherry Vine!). This should be a high-tech gas and we intend to
rock the house, so check for tix @:

http://therrazzroom.com/Events.html

and scroll down to our dates.

Don't forget to say HI! after the show!

Peace and Love,
Zecca

"It ranks as one of the most honest, tender and inherently theatrical
moments of the year." - NY Post

The New York Times said: " There's drag, and then there's transformation
through spiritual osmosis, and that's what John Kelly accomplishes with
this tribute to the queen of the singer-song writers. . . Magnificent."

The Boston Globe had this to say: "No less a critic than Joni Mitchell
herself has been surprised by the impact of Kelly's cabaret tribute. 'I
was braced for a lampooning,' she told The New York Times after seeing
"Paved Paradise" in Manhattan. 'I didn't expect to be so touched. I
cried in two places.' Mitchell… is now one of Kelly's biggest fans ."