[OutVoice] LEVI KREIS STARS AS JERRY LEE LEWIS IN THE MILLION DOLLAR QUARTER! PLUS...

rjoartists at aol.com rjoartists at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 12:01:56 CST 2009

LEVI KREIS STARS AS JERRY LEE LEWIS IN THE MILLION DOLLAR QUARTER! PLUS...

Location: Chicago's Apollo Theater
2540 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL
773-935-6100 / info at apollochicago.com

Extended by popular demand until March!

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE!!
www.MillionDollarQuartetLive.com

Performance Schedule: Tuesdays through Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.; Fridays at 8 p.m.; Saturdays at 2 and 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 and 6 p.m.

A NEW MUSICAL THAT CAPTURES THE MUSIC AND SPIRIT OF A LEGENDARY JAM SESSION FEATURING JOHNNY CASH, JERRY LEE LEWIS, CARL PERKINS AND ELVIS PRESLEY.

The Chicago Tribune praises Levi Kreis' portrayl of Jerry Lee Lewis one of the "Best Theatre Moments of 2008."

Mr. Kreis just about punds a hole in the stage floor with his Converse high tops when he starts flailing away on the keyboard." - New York Times

Chicago –- Million Dollar Quartet is a new musical inspired by a famed 1956 recording session that brought together four of the most legendary figures in the history of music – Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley – directed by Eric Schaeffer and Floyd Mutrux.

LEVI KREIS WILL BE RELEASING HIS NEW ALBUM "WHERE I BELONG" SOON!

Also do not miss Levi's stop in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, February 21st 2009 at Broward Center Of The Performing Arts' Amaturo Theater. The performance is part of Art Explosion 2009 also featuring Lea Delaria. Showtime 730pm.

www.browardcenter.org
www.artexplosiononline.org
Tix: 954-46
2-0222

Levi Kreis presented by RJO Artist Relations & Mgmt

LEVI KREIS BIO -

"This truly represents (Kreis) as an artist...coming home to the gospel roots." - Music Connection

If Levi’s acclaimed sophomore release, “The Gospel According To Levi”, took us through the complicated and painful past of a young man growing up under the grip of religious fundamentalism, then it must have been cleansing for Mr. Kreis because there is no trace of hardship here. “Where I Belong” is the most positive, uplifting offering we’ve witnessed from this piano man. We depend on Levi’s pop sensibilities to write a contagious hook, but this time around, they simmer with southern soul that rings truer than any previous endeavor.

Levi Kreis released his debut album “One of the Ones” in 2005 following an appearance on NBC’s hit reality show The Apprentice with Donald Trump. Combined with an exclusive CD premiere on XM Radio, the world’s introduction to Levi began a firestorm of conversation. Songs from his debut CD have been featured on The Apprentice, Days Of Our Lives, and The Young And The Restless spawning national television appearances and radio rotation. His sophomore CD released in 2006, “The Gospel According To Levi”, garnered more television and film placement and a music video for the single “We’re Okay” which held the #1 position for nine weeks on MTV’s Logo network. With ne
arly 300 appearances in 2006-07, Levi has shared the stage with Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock, Snoop Dog, Farrel, Collective Soul, and opened for Cyndi Lauper at Wrigley Field.

Levi’s 1997 move to Los Angeles found him cast as “Roger” in a National Tour of Rent where he unexpectedly discovered his love for acting. His natural musical talents complemented his budding on-screen abilities and he was cast as one of the musical leads in the award-winning independent film “Don’t Let Go.” After completing a few short films, Levi was invited to work with Bill Paxton and Matthew McConaughey in Paxton’s directorial debut “Frailty” where Levi played the emotional role of Adam Meiks.

In fall of 2007, Levi took a break from touring to become the original cast member in a new hit musical called “Million Dollar Quartet”, where he received astounding reviews for his portrayal of Jerry Lee Lewis, and went on to launch the official national debut at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago. 2008 provided a record-breaking run, and Levi’s performance received enthusiastic praise from The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Seattle Times, among others.

“Where I Belong” proves that Levi has come into his own with a sound nostalgic for his gospel roots and southern soul, and promises to be the most defined chapter in this young prolific singer/songwriters promising career.

Scheduled Street date: May 5th 2009.

For press and booking, please contact Ri
ch Overton at RJO Artist Relations & Management: rjoartists at gmail.com / 917-539-1819

www.rjoartists.com / www.myspace.com/rjoartists / www.youtube.com/rjoartists