[OutVoice] JGLsongs Newsletter - Jan/Feb 2009

Jon Gilbert Leavitt jon at jglsongs.com
Tue Feb 3 13:07:30 CST 2009

Hi Everyone,

We still may be in the doldrums of winter (at least in NYC), but spring will
be here before we know it. Here¹s the latest in my Jan/Feb 2009 newsletter.
The link to the .pdf is here, or you can just read it in text format below.
Keep the fires burning, and Œtil next month...all the best,

Jon

DOWNLOAD JGLsongs JAN/FEB Œ09 NEWSLETTER (link to .pdf):
http://www.jglsongs.com/JGLSongsJan09NEWSLETTER.pdf

TEXT VERSION:

ONTRACK  - JGLsongs Newsletter ­ Jan/Feb 2009

NEWNEWS

ON THE BIG SCREEN
Two instrumental cuts will be in the upcoming commercial release of ³The
Prankster,² written and directed by Tony Vidal and featuring Ken Davitian
(Borat, Get Smart), Michaela Watkins (SNL),
Kurt Fuller (Mr. Woodcock, The Pursuit of Happyness), Robert Adamson
(Lincoln Heights) and Veronica Sixtos (Tyler Perry¹s House of Payne). ³The
Prankster² is scheduled to open in theatres in Spring 2009.

ON THE SMALL SCREEN
Two instrumental cuts (and possibly more) will be in an upcoming MTV reality
series (similar to ³Parental Control²), and an instrumental cut will be used
in a promotional piece for NBC Universal.
I¹ll keep you posted for information on broadcast dates.

HAPPY TRAILS
The pilot for the upcoming cable TV series ³Tales from the Trail² is
finished. Now comes sponsors and networks, and of course, more episodes ­
and more of Jon¹s music. The series could run as early as Fall 2009. More
info is online at talesfromthetrail.org.

OLDNEWS

1919 NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE
The CD featuring music which will take you back to a bygone era, is
available online at CD Baby, iTunes, Amazon and Kunaki.com. For more info,
visit http://www.jglsongs.com/1919.html.
Some of the music was featured in the Fall/Winter 2008 New York production
of ³Oh, Those Beautiful Weimar Girls² by the New Stage Theatre Company.
²Šan evocative musical score.² ­ Off-Off Online, Dana Lang, ³Heroine Chic²

BLINDITEMS

It¹s not as if these are state secrets, but just like referring to the famed
Shakespearean tragedy as ³The Scottish Play,² a little superstition is never
a bad thing. Work continues on a stage musical, as well as an ³unplugged² CD
project by a wonderful, golden-voiced indie artist. Of course, work
continues on a CD project very close to me that has serious
socks-knock-offability as well as Jon¹s own
project-in-the-works, pridetwothousandnine.

Jon Gilbert Leavitt
jglsongs.com

JGLsongs LLC
music production