[OutVoice] SingOut still needs our help

tsunamiinc at aol.com tsunamiinc at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 06:53:46 CST 2009

So many magazines have gone under recently and I'd hate to see this happen
to SingOut!, a wonderful publication about folk music in it's many forms,
including the work of glbt performers. While I have a vested interest - I'm
a  writer and they sometimes publish my work - I've also been a subscriber
for many  years. Maybe you've picked up an issue or two and enjoyed it also?
If so, send  'em a little dough. Below is the appeal they sent me. Feel free
to send it on to  others.

BTW they sent out an appeal a month or so ago and heard from 500 people.
That's awesome, and it means they could put out the next issue, but it's not
all  they need. I happen to know that the editor hasn't taken a salary for
months now  because they don't have the money.

Anyway, read on and help if you can.

Jamie

Jamie  Anderson, writer and musician
creative - quick - sensible shoes
Quit writing  your own bio! Contact me.
_www.jamieanderson.com/journalist.html_
(http://www.jamieanderson.com/journalist.html)

Pete Seeger is asking us to join together to help a folk music
institution! Since 1950, Sing Out! Magazine has been one of the most effective  and
respected ways for musicians to share and learn. As Sing Out! heads towards
its 60th anniversary next spring, its non-profit parent -- which also produces
 "Rise Up Singing," Sing Out! Radio Magazine, and Pete's newly revised
autobiography "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" -- is fighting for survival.
Throughout its existence, Sing Out! has always operated close to the bone
financially, but recent economic conditions, along with the current state of
the  print trade and periodicals, have come together to put the very
existence of the  magazine and organization in real danger. If you care about folk
music, and want  one of its community's strongest voices and allies to
survive, I urge you to  check out Pete's message at:
<http://www.singout.org/donate.html>. (You  can help by passing this message on to others you think
should know about this  too!)