[OutVoice] It's the Audiofile 2009 Year in Review!

tworadio at aol.com tworadio at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 15:02:27 CST 2009

= Happy Holidays to one and all from =
"THIS WAY OUT: the international lesbian & gay radio magazine"
Program #1,134 - distributed 12/21/09
Airs on more than 200 local stations around the world... or
Listen via our podcast! Click to freely subscribe at www.thiswayout.org
(produced and hosted this week by Greg Gordon)
In the first of our two traditional holiday season special programs,
from songs about romance or heartbreak to the whimsical or political,
the music of Kate Reid, Levi Kreis, Jay Brannan, Julie Clark,
Matt Alber, Pansy Division, Coyote Grace, and Bettina Schelker
is proudly featured in the
"AUDIOFILE 2009 YEAR IN REVIEW"

REMINDER: There's no "NewsWrap" on this or next week's program.  Our regular international LGBT news segment returns on the "This Way Out" to be distributed on 1/4/10.

- As always, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender artists provided the "soundtrack" for the ongoing struggle by sexual minorities for equality around the world with an exceptional variety of gender-and-genre-bending music during the past year. And as always, limiting the artists they featured during the year to just a few was no easy task, but JD DOYLE, CHRIS WILSON, and CHRISTOPHER DAVID TRENTHAM share eight of their favorites from the past 12 months in the "AUDIOFILE 2009 YEAR IN REVIEW": excerpts from "Uncharted Territory" and "The Only Dyke at the Open Mic" from KATE REID's "I'M JUST WARMING UP"; "Gonna Be Alright" and "Stained Glass Window" from LEVI KREIS' "WHERE I BELONG"; "Can't Have It All", "Half-Boyfriend", and "Bowlegged & Starving" from JAY BRANNAN's "GODDAMNED"; "Courage of Our Convictions" and "I'd Do 'Em All" from JULIE CLARK's "CHANGE YOUR MIND" (with a "Happy Holidays from 'TWO'" message voiced by CHRISTOPHER GAAL and re-intro at about 13:45 into this segment); "End of the World" and "Walk With Me" from MATT ALBER's "HIDE NOTHING"; "You'll See Them Again" and "Average Men" from PANSY DIVISION's "THAT'S SO GAY"; "Heaven Dog" and "Young & Dumb" from COYOTE GRACE's "EAR TO THE GROUND"; and "Mein Bester Trick" and the title cut from BETTINA SCHELKER's "THE HONEYMOON IS OVER".
= www.audiofile.org =
JAY BRANNAN            KATE REID           PANSY DIVISION
www.jaybrannan.com     www.katereid.net    www.pansydivision.com
jaybrannan at gmail.com   kate at katereid.net   pansydivisionmail at gmail.com

BETTINA SCHELKER       LEVI KREIS              JULIE CLARK
www.foundagirl.com     www.levikreis.com       www.julieclark.net
ina at foundagirl.com     rjoartists at gmail.com    info at julieclark.net

              MATT ALBER                   COYOTE GRACE
              www.mattalber.com            www.coyotegrace.com
              andy at penetrationinc.com

- Promo for next week's "PRIDE ON SCREEN 2009" [voiced by STEVE PRIDE].
"This Way Out" is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit under the corporate name of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.).
"This Way Out" is supported by tax-deductible donations from our listeners -- thank you!
==> Please visit www.thiswayout.org to help keep "This Way Out" on the air -- and choose from several unique LGBT music, history and culture "thank you gift" CDs.
On the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning internationally distributed weekly gay and lesbian radio newsmagazine.
The program currently airs on more than 200 local community radio stations around the world, globally distributed at www.radio4all.net, www.indymedia.org, to Pacifica Radio station affiliates in North America, and "Down Under" through distribution by the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia's ComRadSat.  Listeners can also hear "This Way Out"  on short wave via Costa Rica-based global station RFPI (Radio For Peace International/www.rfpi.org), across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific regions on the World Radio Network (www.wrn.org), and on audio CD by individual subscription.
For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please visit www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to P.O. Box 38327, Los Angeles, CA 90038-0327.
************ Thank you for supporting "This Way Out"! *************