[OutVoice] Happy Holiday from Roger/Yolanda

Roger Mapes rogermapes at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 10:14:57 CST 2009

Greetings and Happy Holidays to all!

Before I share with you the latest news about my new cd and
 upcoming show, I wanted to say that I appreciate your friendship. My journey as an artist has had many twists and turns and a lot of you have been there for the ride.
I’m now thrilled to be on a new journey of discovery. I recently
enrolled in One Spirit Interfaith Seminary to become an Interfaith minister.. It is a wonderful experience being with LGBT AND Straight people who are seeking the same goal of peace for the world. This new direction confirms my desires to minister with my music, and I have begun to do so in NYC. If anyone is interested in me coming to your church, near or far, please do email me and lets talk. rogermapes at yahoo.com

THANKS to all who helped put me in the November OutVoice Top 40, www.outvoice.net with my new cd House of Joy-produced by the amazing Robert Urban (www.roberturban.com). I just released it in October and you guys responded so quickly..WOW.. what a gift.

I just released my new cd House of Joy and had a full
 house for my opening party in October. Many of you were there and I thank you so much. I will be doing the show again on:
Friday, JAN 22, 8pm
 at The Laurie Beechman Theater, 407 w. 42nd St. NYC.
For reservations, call:
 212.695.6909, or visit: http://www.beechmantheatre.com

Videos from the first show are on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXjhhQGi2Xg
You can listen to and download my cd here: http://www.rogeranthonymapes.com
Physical cd’s are available for $12 (includes shipping) by emailing me rogermapes at yahoo.com
with your snail mail. For more details, email me.

My song “We Are Angels” is making a splash in a couple
 of places.If you haven't hear Robert's beautiful guitar and french horn arrangement-have a listen.

SIRIUS radio now has “Angels” in rotation OutQ station #109.. If you go to my website (www.yolanda.net), you can hear the promo spot that’s currently running on SIRIUS.
Also...”We Are Angels” has been nominated for song of the year on Arizzona’s Unashamed Faith Café. You can vote for it if you like by going to:
  http://unashamedfaithcafe.blogspot.com/

Arizzona's Radio Show, Unashamed Faith Café, is an
 LGBT radio show that discovers and brings LGBT artists forward through their inspirational music of Love and Grace. It’s a wonderful show and
 I’m so happy to be a part of it. You can listen to UFC on
 Sundays 8-9pm and Saturdays 12-1pm on QNation.fm.

UFC has been nominated for best LGBT radio show of the year, along with 2 other of my friends and radio hosts who have had me as a guest on their shows:
Tym Moss for Artists Exposed: http://talkradiox.com/node/1131and
Larry Flick for OutQ in the Morning: http://www.sirius.com/outq

Also, Elijah Black (http://www.elijahblack.com)  is
 nominated for best Artist of the Year. I am honored to say that
 in addition to his own career, Elijah finds the time to play guitar
 and sing with me and Robert in the HOUSE OF JOY
 band. He's a great musician and a wonderful man.  All of the voting details are at  Q's In The Biz 2009 Best of the Best:http://surveys.polldaddy.com/s/A59A0AEB61152440/

Have a terrific Holiday Season, and remember -there is great LOVE here for you!
Roger Anthony Yolanda Mapes