[OutVoice] QMH for December – Queer Xmas Music Specials

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 4 17:00:11 EST 2009

QMH for December – Queer Xmas Music Specials
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/dec2009.html

One of my favorite shows of the year, when I get a chance to share all the queer xmas music I’ve found. And as this is my 10th anniversary of doing holiday shows I’ve made Part 1 a Best of Queer Xmas Music, picking just 17 of my favorites from the almost 500 songs I’ve played over the years. Part 1 also contains some special comments from Holly Near, a teaser for my full interview with her next month. The other two parts include very special music by among others Daniel Cartier, Adam Joseph, Ari Gold, Gregory Douglass, and a real treat for me, Soce the Elemental Wizard recorded a song especially for my show, done in his inimitable style.

Part 1 – 59:55
Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio – Walkin’ Round in
Women’s Underwear (1993)
Venus Envy – I’ll Be a Homo For Christmas (1995)
Cris Williamson – Greetings of the Season (1985)
Choral Majority – It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (1981)
Gay Liberation Quire – God Help You Merry Dykes and Poofs (1981)
Gay Liberation Quire – Hark the Herald Fairies Shout (1981)
Brady Earnhart – Honey Don’t Think Your Mama Don’t Know (2003)
Dennis Hensley – Doesn’t Seem Like Christmas (1999)
RuPaul – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Drag Queen (1997)
Holiday Express – Disco Santa (2000)
Pledge Drive and One of Each – Christmas Rhapsody (2003)
Pansy Division – Homo Christmas (1995)
Holly Near comments (2009)
Holly Near & Brian Lane Green – O Holy Night (1993)
BD Wong – Wishing You a Drag Queen Christmas (1993)
Gary Imhoff & Robert Patteri – Our First Christmas (1993)
Martin Swinger – Christmas Blues (1998)
Jimmy James – Feliz Navidad (2002)

Part 2 – 66:37
Daniel Cartier – This Christmas (Stay) (2009)
Daniel Cartier – I’ve Been Good All Year (2009)
Adam Joseph – Taking U Home (for Christmas) (2009)
Lori Michaels – Holidays (2006)
Melissa Etheridge – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (2008)
Ari Gold – The Christmas Wish (circa 2006)
Topp Twins – Just Another Highway (2008)
Gregory Douglass – Last Christmas (2009)
Gregory Douglass – What a Long Year It Was (2009)
Erasure – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (1988)
Lea DeLaria – The Truth About Christmas (1995)
John Bucchino comments (2009)
Arnold McCuller – A Mama Like Mine (1995)
Casey Stratton – Icicles (2009)
DC Anderson – Secret Santa (2006)
Kevin Koelbl – This Is Christmas Time (2009)
Drag the River & Michelle Malone – Father Christmas (1991)
Michelle Malone – Please Come Home for Christmas (2000)
Luscious Jackson – Let It Snow, Let It Snow (1999)

Part 3 – 78:16
Ernie Lijoi – All I Want for Christmas Is You (2002)
Steve Cohen – The Christmas Song (2008)
Jay Brannan – Christmas Really Sucks This Year (2009)
Soce the Elemental Wizard – Winter Wonderland (2009)
Michael Feinstein – If I Hear Another Song About Christmas (2001)
Gloria – Ireland’s Gay & Lesbian Choir – Ring Christmas Bells (2004)
Ronan Keating & Steven Gately – Little Drummer Boy (2009)
Steven Gately & Kelly – Last Christmas (2001)
Steven Gately - from Boyzone Christmas Greeting (1999)
Steven Gately – I Believe (2000)
Dudley Saunders – It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (2008)
Ernest Lijoi – Merry Everything (2009)
Lesbian Vampire Killers movie promo - Hark (2009)
Lizzy the Lezzy – xmas song (2007)
The Firmturds – Oh Well Noel (2003)
Jake Monaco – Gloria (2009)
Jake Monaco – Waited So Long (2009)
Jake Monaco – It’s Christmas Time (2009)
Humousexual – Come Take My Hand in Winter (2009)
Fever Fever_ Hallelujah Carol (2008)
Fever Fever – Little Drummer Boy (2009)
Blue Minkies – Christmas Means Nothing Without Presents (2005)
Blue Minkies – Blue Christmas (2006)
David Brown – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (2006)
Roger Kuhn – I Heard There Was a Star (2009)
Jill Sobule – Christmas Time Is Here (2005)
Holly Near – What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve (1997)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/dec2009.html

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 175 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT,
Monday nights from 9-11 pm, www.kpft.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle