[OutVoice] HOWL! Festival This Weekend In NYC

Zecca Esquibel zecca at erols.com
Mon Aug 31 12:52:06 CDT 2009

The HOWL! Festival has snowballed into a month long, multi venue East
Village
celebration of art and artists and openly admits its debt to WIGSTOCK in
its PR.
    Once again, the climax show on the main stage, right where the WIGSTOCK
bandshell once stood, will be an LGBT costume extravaganza from 5:00-7:00 on
Sunday, produced by my dear friends Chi Chi Valenti, Johnny Dynell and
Hattie
Hathaway. I only recorded one track this year, for singer Heather
Rabbit, but it's a killer, flying-fingers  Le Jazz Hot song called
"Let's All Get Gay, The Stuff
Is Here"! Sorry I can't post a url for the festival's or the shows'
websites,
but someone sent me something toxic which crashes my browser every time
I try to
open my inbox. No prob 'though: I'm going DSL tomorrow and will have a new
email addy from now on. But Tompkins Square Park will once again be
packed on
Sunday with booths and two stages and mobs of over costumed locals.
    Hope to see you.  I always hang in the stage-left section.

Peace and Love,
Zecca