[OutVoice] (no subject)

enterrytainer at yahoo.com enterrytainer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 07:20:06 CDT 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

UNITED FOR THE RIDE VOL. I

The new and soon to be released CD compilation,
United For The Ride Vol. I which is to benefit the The LGBT Center of New York City by assisting the Braking The Cycle Riders in their fund raising efforts for the upcoming 3 day, 280+ mile ride from Boston to New York City in September was announced last night, April, 23, 2009 at the Braking The Cycle Kick Off Party held at Gym Bar in New York City.

United For The Ride Vol. I has been in the works since October 5, 2008 and will have an official release date in early May.  12 LGBT and LGBT supporting artists from across the United States and Canada have combined their musical offerings with their commitment to the LGBT community’s efforts in the continuing fight against HIV/AIDS.  From the generosity of these gifted and talented singer-songwriters, 100% of the proceeds of the sale of United For The Ride Vol. I will go directly to the LGBT Center of New York City's various HIV/AIDS based programs and community outreach initiatives.

The songs comprising the musical landscape of United For The Ride Vol. I sing of the human experience through the voices of Hope, Love, Strength, Perseverance, and Courage.

Many thanks to these very generous and gifted singer-songwriters:

Roger Kuhn, Morry Campbell, Randi Driscoll, Mike Rickard, Katie Sawicki,
Jeffrey Wilgus, Terry Christopher, Robin Renee, Joshua Klipp,
Norine Braun, Judith Avers, and Dan Manjovi.

An online CD release party will be hosted by Len Rogers of Stonewall Society and will air starting Saturday, May 23 and will include interviews by the artists to discuss their contributed songs and involvement with the
United For The Ride Vol. I project.

The official CD release concert for United For The Ride Vol I. will be held at The Triad in NYC on Saturday, June 6, 2009 from 7:00 – 9:00.

The 12 Artist roster for United For The Ride Vol. II is being filled with the same spirited, positive, and uplifting themed songs and has several artists on board already.

More information and updates regarding United For The Ride Vol. I, the secured and designated web domain/website will be forthcoming as well as the official street release date.  For further questions, press kits, or future song placement inquiries for United For The Ride Vol II.,
please contact:
terrychristopher at unitedfortheride.org

Executive Producer:  Terry Christopher
Co-Producers:  Roger Kuhn & Morry Campbell