[OutVoice] Freedman to Release New Music, First Time in 6 Years

VY Productions pr at skottfreedman.com
Wed Apr 22 20:22:15 EDT 2009

Violent Yodel Productions
San Diego, CA
http://www.skottfreedman.com
info at skottfreedman.com

For Immediate Release...

Freedman to Release New Music, First Time in 6 Years

Critically acclaimed singer-songwriter-pianist Skott Freedman returns to the
indie music scene with his fifth album, "The Cottage Sessions", slated for
an early June release. Featuring original material for the first time in 6
years, Freedman returns to his bare roots of stunning vocals, intricate
piano work, and an umistakable lyrical style that captures everyday emotions
in almost shocking clarity.

Freedman's last release, "Judge a Book" (2005), was a collection of
fan-voted cover songs and received wide airplay at college radio stations
across the country. Freedman's original work, which garnered him national
attention in Billboard Magazine and Genre Magazine, was last released in
2003 ("Some Company"). "I never stopped playing or writing," the artist
confesses. "Not for a minute. I just found myself focused on some other
things over the past few years,". 'Other' things included practicing as a
speech-language pathologist and completing a doctorate in language in San
Diego.

Regarding his new release, Freedman says, "For me, this album is all about
cycles...the beginnings, the middles (love and loss, not always in that
order), and the inevitable struggling victories that make us begin yet
again.". Recipient of the 2002 Outmusic Award for Best New Recording,
Freedman has performed at coffeehouses, colleges, and pride festivals all
over the world, including a guest performance at the Sydney Opera House
during the Gay Games.

"The Cottage Sessions" is scheduled for a digital release on June 4th, 2009
and will be available from all major online music retailers.

For more information visit:

    http://www.skottfreedman.com

For press inquiries email:

    info at skottfreedman.com

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/skottfreedman
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skott-Freedman/61123816462?ref=ts

"Freedman has developed into one of the more compelling pop
singer/tunesmiths we've heard in recent times...a star-in-waiting."
- Billboard Magazine

"Skott Freedman plays piano-man pop filled with earnestness...
the arpeggios ripple."
- The New York Times

"Opening people's minds."
- NBC News

"I've never heard anything like this...it's gorgeous, passionate,
heartbreaking, and unabashedly honest. Freedman lives in a beautiful world,
even when it's painful, and I'm finding it hard to leave."
- Indie-Music.com

"Skott is one of those rare individuals who can play his instrument, sing
great, and write a lyric. It pisses me off."
- Jill Sobule