[OutVoice] Veteran's CD project

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Sat Apr 11 05:48:22 CDT 2009

I thought some of you would be interested in this. I don't know anything
more about it than what's listed below. If you have questions, please contact
 the producer, not me.

Jamie  Anderson, writer and musician
creative - quick - sensible shoes
_www.jamieanderson.com/journalist.html_
(http://www.jamieanderson.com/journalist.html)
Need  a new bio? Contact me.

Hello  All:

I am writing to tell you about a new CD project planned for  September
release, give you info about how to submit songs for the project, and  encourage
you to forward this to songwriters who have written and recorded songs
that might work for the CD.

This project was inspired by the book "Voices  of Vets" -- a brief overview
of it appears here (click on the link):

_http://mosaicstore.http://moshttp://mohttp://mosaichttp&products_produ_
(http://mosaicstore.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=66)

I  was given this book by one of the veterans involved with the project.
The goal  was to help young veterans deal with the aftermath of combat and
serving in  wartime. I'm sure many of you have heard about the high number of
veteran  suicides, that hundreds of thousands of our vets are suffering from
brain trauma  and post-traumatic stress disorders, and that the toll on them
and their  families is enormous.

The goal of this book-- and the CD I want to  produce-- is to give voice to
that pain and struggle in a way that we hope will  help veterans to heal
and understand that they are not alone. It is also  important to raise
awareness among the general population so that we make an  effort to "welcome home"
the veterans after their war service, no matter what we  think about the
war(s) itself.

I want to make it clear that I am not  looking for songs that point the
blame too heavily on Bush/Cheney; while there  will be a political "angle" to
the CD, we need to avoid pushing buttons or  triggers in veterans who might
hear this CD, and as I'm sure you understand,  many of them do not share our
views on Bush/Cheney or the wars. That is why  songs that pay tribute to our
veterans, acknowledge their pain and sacrifice, or  even songs that use
humor or speak of the future are more in keeping with the  project's goals than
songs that explicitly point the finger at Bush, et al. or  simply condemn
war. Songs may be of any style, i.e., instrumentals, spoken word,  etc. are
welcome!

There are three ways you can send me material, but  please respect my
request that you send me no more than three songs by any one  artist, as it is
unlikely that any artist will have more than one song on the CD  (besides the
producer...)T

In order or preference, this is how I  would like to receive your materials.

Online/Electronic  Submission:

1. If you are submitting only one song electronically, first  send me
lyrics via email:
_georgemann at att.geo_ (mailto:georgemann at att.net)

(in the  body of the email, not as an attachment) with info about
yourself/website, etc.

Then, if you are sending me only one song, once I have responded to your
email and lyrics submission, you may send me an MP3-- No .wav files, no MP3s
over 5 megabytes please!

2. If your song(s) are available online for free  MP3 download, send me a
link when you submit the lyrics and I will download the  song(s) from your
link within 3 days time.

Hard Copy CD/CDR by  Mail:

3. If you wish to send me a hard copy of the song on CD/CDR, or if  you are
sending multiple songs, mail the CD, lyric sheet and bio info  to:

George Mann, PO Box 697, New York, NY 10033.

A final word on  the songs. While it is always preferable that you submit a
"finished mix" of  your song, submitting an interim mix or demo is okay, so
long as you and I can  agree that a "finished" mix can be produced by July
31. And as always, please  understand that I will be receiving dozens of
songs, probably more than 100 in  all, by the end of this.

Your songs must be original in lyric and music.  No "parodies" will be
considered unless the original work is public domain or  permission of the
author/publisher has been granted.

There is no need to  rush this material to me. Deadline for submissions in
June 30, 2009 and the  planned release date is September 1.

Thanks for spreading word of this  project and I look forward to hearing
the songs!

-George  Mann

--
_http://www.georgemahttp://www._ (http://www.georgemannmusic.com/)