[OutVoice] QMH for April 2009, John Bucchino Interview

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 12:40:55 CDT 2009

Howdy from Houston,

For my April Queer Music Heritage show I'm delighted to bring y'all
an interview with singer/songwriter John Bucchino. His music has
been a staple of cabaret venues for many years, and more recently
it has appeared in films and on Broadway. And, he's worked for
decades with Holly Near. Hear all about it, as I dig deep...:)

Playlist:

Part 1 – 58:00 minutes – Airdate 4/27/09
Liza Minnelli & Billy Stritch – That Smile (2000)
John Bucchino – Something As Simple (1981)
John Bucchino – Contact High (1995)
Ronnie Gilbert – In a Restaurant by the Sea (1986)
Elliott Pilshaw – It Feels Like Home (1986)
Judy Collins – Sweet Dreams (2000)
Michael Callen – Do Not Turn Away (1995)
Art Garfunkel – Grateful (2006)
It’s Only Life cast – It’s Only Life (2006)
Brian Lane Green – Taking the Wheel (2000)

Part 2 – 66:07 minutes
Holly Near – Bird Gonna Fly (1987)
John Bucchino – Until the Balance Tips (1990)
Ron Romanovsky – A Measure of Sadness (1992)
David Campbell – Gentle Souls and Tender Hearted Fools (1997)
John Bucchino - The Artist at 40 (1995)
Lois Sage – A Friend to Them (1995)
John Bucchino – Not a Cloud in the Sky (2000)
David Campbell – Better Than I (2000)
Gavin Creel – Unexpressed (2000)
Patti Lupone – Dancing (2000)
Suede – If I Ever Say I’m Over You (1992)

Part 3 – 68:43 minutes
Michael Ferreri – A Dream (2000)
John Bucchino – Where or When (2003)
Stephen Schwartz – The Line Forms on the Right (2001)
John Ashmanskas – On My Bedside Table (2006)
Three Dollar Bill – The Song With the Violins (2006)
Milena Govich – Don’t Ever Stop Saying I Love You (2008)
John Bucchino – 79th Street Station (1988)
Suede – Puddle of Love (1992)
Cris Williamson – I’ve Learned to Let Things Go (2003)
Bill Wright – Something Spontaneous (1995)
Michael Feinstein – Grateful (2000)

You can stream or  download  the show anytime,  at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/apr2009.html

Part 1 will air on the show Queer Voices, on KPFT in Houston,
90.1 fm, on Monday April 27, 2009, at 10pm, and the station
netcasts at www.kpft.org.

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my  Outradio  site:
http://www.outradio.com
and  co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the  GLBT
communities,  airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This  Way Out.
The  Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past  Audiofile segments  are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also  co-host of Queer  Voices on KPFT,
Monday nights from 9-11 pm, www.kpft.org
and at MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle