[OutVoice] Rubberlegs at Sullivan Hall (NYC) and Spaghettifest (Virginia)

Gordon P. Smith gosmith at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 10:34:00 CDT 2008

Hello from Gordon and Rubberlegs!

I'm writing because we have a special Rubberlegs showcase coming up in New
York City, and we don't do these shows very often. This will only be the
third time Rubberlegs plays in the city this year. The last time, at
Fontanas in Chinatown on June 21st, we had an amazing show, one of our best
ever, and the place was packed. We want to give everyone who missed it a
chance to see us at our best, in a new venue, with new songs and a special
surprise, and that's why I'm announcing this show two weeks in advance. I'm
even printing up special alt.tronic tickets for the occasion! The show will
be at Sullivan Hall (formerly the Lion's Den) in Greenwich Village, on
Tuesday, October 7th at 8:00 pm. You can buy tickets from me, or on
TicketWeb.

And here's the special surprise: we're putting together a new '80s cover
band, to be called Nwavo Huevo. It's me and Ant, plus our good friend Joe
Bace on guitar/bass and vocals. I was in Joe and Anthony's band when I first
moved to New York, and we're super excited to be playing together again. As
it turns out, Joe will be up here for three days of Nwavo Huevo rehearsals
that weekend, and we've invited him to join us onstage for the second half
of our set Tuesday night. So come party with us after work, and prepare to
rock and be rocked!

Last, but not least, it's September, and that means camping! Anthony and I
are playing Spaghettifest this Saturday: three days of indie music in the
woods, with our good friends Midnight Spaghetti hosting. Last year was
fantastic! We made a bunch of new friends and fans, and we're really looking
forward to seeing them again. So, I know it's a long drive, but if you're
going to be anywhere near D.C. this weekend, Mount Solon VA is 150 miles
southwest. I could put you on the guest list for a Saturday day trip, and
you wouldn't have to pay the $40 ticket price. If that sounds irresistible,
let me know. J

RUBBERLEGS

SPAGHETTIFEST 6

hosted by Midnight Spaghetti & the Chocolate G-Strings

SAT 9/27/08 at 5:00 PM

 <http://spaghettifest.com> Natural Chimneys Regional Park

94 Natural Chimneys Lane

Mount Solon, Virginia
 <http://www.spaghettifest.com> www.spaghettifest.com

RUBBERLEGS / NWAVO HUEVO

with Cold Flavor Repair, and Johnson Administration

TUE 10/7/08 at 8:00 PM

 <http://www.sullivanhallnyc.com> Sullivan Hall

214 Sullivan St., btwn. Bleecker & W. 3rd St.

Greenwich Village, New York City

www.sullivanhallnyc.com

Tickets $10:
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData
<http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData
&eventId=303810&pl=cegsulliavn> &eventId=303810&pl=cegsulliavn

If you buy tickets online, please let me know so I can tell the promoter
you're there to see us.

Or you can buy tickets from me!

Hope to see you there!

xo

Gordon

Gordon Peg R.
RUBBERLEGS
2006 OUTmusic Award nominee for
"Outstanding New Recording Duo or Group"
 <http://www.rubberlegs.com/> http://www.rubberlegs.com
 <http://www.rubberlegs.com/> http:// <http://www.myspace.com/rubberlegs>
myspace.com/rubberlegs