[OutVoice] Fwd: Fabulosa Fest 2008 on the Russian River in Guerneville, CA

Larry Bob Roberts larrybob at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:16:59 CDT 2008

Check out this message from Jenny H. of Erase Errata / Paradise Island:

-----

Hello!  I am part of the collective that is planning Fabulosa Fest
2008, a large queer women-centered music and film festival and craft
fair in Guerneville, CA, October 10-12, 2008 (calendar-appropriate
listings are at end of this email).  Fabulosa Fest is a fund-raiser.
We are donating all proceeds to community organizations like CUAV
(Communities United Against Violence), BAAITS (Bay Area American
Indian Two Spirits), the Guerneville Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
(earmarked for HIV and Senior-related causes) and the Guerneville
school system.  And I am proud to say our line-up of entertainment is
one of the most diverse and refreshing of any women's festival, ever!
We are reaching out to you for help to spread the word about this
weekend-long event.  Since we are new, we are very dependent on
community and commercial organizations and local media to open the
channel for us to reach people with our vision.
We are also seeking media sponsorship for this event - anyone who
would be willing to donate banner ads on a website or print ads.
Below this message I am including both the official press release
about Fabulosa Fest 2008 and calendar-style listings.  Any inclusion
in your publication or website would be appreciated so much.
Thank you so much for your time!
Best,
Jenny Hoyston
Fabulosa Fest 2008
Oct 10-12 in Guerneville, CA
FabulosaFest.Org
www.MySpace.com/FabulosaFest
Come join us on the Russian River!

FABULOSA Fest On The Russian River, Guerneville, CA
October 10-12, 2008
Live Music, DJ's, Pool Parties, Independent Short Film Fest, Artisan
Crafts Fair
and YOU!
Website: www.fabulosafest.com
and www.myspace.com/fabulosafest

FABULOSA Fest is a bridge-building, inclusive, fund-raising festival
that celebrates queer women-centered music, art and crafts.  ALL women
and friends are invited to attend and participate in this community
gathering to raise money for good causes!
Our collective will be distributing proceeds to Lesbian, Gay, Bi
Sexual, Trans and Queer-oriented charities that serve Indigenous
People, Youth, Seniors, HIV positive and
other communities in Guerneville, San Francisco and beyond.
FABULOSA Fest 2008 is proud to present one of the most diverse and
inclusive line-ups in women's festival history, with entertainment and
art made by and about a full spectrum of women!

Live outdoor concerts with JUDEA EDEN, Amy Meyers, Jeni Day & Tamra
Engle, Joanne Rand, Druid Sisters Tea Party, Out On A Clef, VON IVA,
Hottub, LESBIANS, Jenn-Jenn, Audrey Howard and the Misters, 8 Inch
Betsy, Simone De La Getto, Angela Chase, Pariah Piranha, TRU BLOO,
Schwule, Dolorata feat. Shelly Doty, Jo Boyer, WILDSANG, Liquid
Girlfriend, Coyote Grace, Jill Knight, Woody Simmons, PAM & JERI
(Blame Sally), DJ Beyonda, DJ Brainbomb (Erase Errata), Club Mango w/
DJ's Edaj and La Niche and more!

Outdoor Short Film Exhibition with videos by award-winning
independent, Bay Area women filmmakers, including Frameline award
winners "Diving For Pearls" and "Forever's Gonna Start Tonight".

All-day craft fair with over 30 tents of women craft artist's wares.

*Our event is growing on a daily basis!

Tickets at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
$45 in advance for an All Inclusive Pass/Wristband (October 9th last
day to purchase online) or $55 (cash only) for All Inclusive
Pass/Wristband purchased October 10 at The Russian River Resort,
5-10pm.
Getting an All Inclusive Pass is a great way to enjoy the entire
weekend on a budget, but you can also come to single events and pay
full admission at the door.
See our website for additional information and individual door charges.

CALENDAR LISTINGS FOR FABULOSA FEST 2008:

Friday Oct 10
FABULOSA  FEST Acoustic Stage Concerts
at the Russian River Resort
6-10pm, 21+
All Inclusive Pass from: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
or $12 at the door
With Joanne Rand, Druid Sisters Tea Party, Out On A Clef, Judea Eden &
Amy Meyers w/special guests Jeni Day & Tamra Engle
Friday Oct 10
FABULOSA FEST presents Heart-throb!  dance party
at Club Yamagata
10pm-2am, 21+
All Inclusive Pass from: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
or $7 at the door
With DJ Beyonda, DJ Brainbomb and more!

Saturday Oct 11
FABULOSA FEST Day Stage Concerts, Craft Fair and Pool Party
at The Land (16576 CA-116, just west of the Park & Ride lot)
11am-8pm, ALL AGES
All Inclusive Pass from: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
or $20 at the door
Live Music with Von Iva, Hottub, LESBIANS, Jenn-Jenn, Audrey Howard
and the Misters, 8 Inch Betsy, Simone De La Getto, TRU BLOO, Angela
Chase, Pariah Piranha, Schwule, DJ Beyonda and more, plus over 20
craft booths of amazing craft art!
Saturday Oct 11th
FABULOSA Short Film Fest
at The Land (16576 CA-116, just west of the Park & Ride lot)
8:30pm-11pm, ALL AGES
All Inclusive Pass from: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
or donation at the door
Saturday October 11
FABULOSA FEST presents El Rio's MANGO (in Prime Time!)
at Club Yamagata
10pm-2am, 21+
All Inclusive Pass from: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
or $7 at the door
Hip Hop and Reggaeton Dance Party with DJs Edaj and La Niche

Sunday Oct 12:
FABULOSA  FEST Acoustic Stage Concerts and Pool Party
at the Russian River Resort
Noon-6pm, 21+
All Inclusive Pass from: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42342
or $15 at the door
Live Music with Jo Boyer, WILDSANG, Liquid Girlfriend, Coyote Grace,
Jill Knight, Woody Simmons, Pam & Jeri (Blame Sally) and more!