[OutVoice] Out's terrible list of 100 gayest albums

RagdBlade at aol.com RagdBlade at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 10:01:12 CDT 2008

What makes music "gay?"

If a gay artist makes music that's not about being gay, is it still gay?

If a straight artist does music about being gay ("Johnny are you queer?" etc)
is that gay?

If a bunch of gay people happen to like it (Judy, Liza, Cher, Madonna, what
gay man doesn't have a copy of Shepherd Moons?) is that gay?

If I, as a gay man, like music other gay people don't, is it "straight?" Does
that mean I'm not really "gay," but merely homosexual?

"Gay" being a sexual preference and not a way of life, it seems a list like
this is yet another opportunity to stereotype an orientation into a culture.

just my .02

Jerry Rabushka