[OutVoice] Help Renata Hill of the NJ4! - send a letter to the DA

BMGNedra at aol.com BMGNedra at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 11:27:06 CDT 2008

Renata Hill, of the NJ4, is scheduled to face her retrial October 14th. Bay
Solidarity has set up a letter writing campaign to Robert M. Morgenthau, the
District Attorney of New York County. I've included a sample letter below in
which they state the goals of ending the prosecution of Renata Hill.

Please send this letter, or one similar in your own words, to the address
listed. After sending in the letter, please let Bay Solidarity know so that they
 can tally how many letters have been sent. (freenj4 at yahoo.com)

Now, please believe me... I know following through with snail mail can be a
challenge.  I'll  be the first to admit that I have a wicked postal
impairment. BUT, this is too important. Please get this out ASAP so that Mr.
Morgenthau knows that these young women have the support of the community.

Thanks and Blessings,

Nedra
www.nedrajohnson.com
bmgnedra at aol.com

For background, please read
"Lesbians sentenced for self-defense"
_http://www.workers.org/2007/us/nj4-0628/_ (http://www.workers.org/2007/us/nj4-0628/)

For more current info: _http://freenj4.wordpress.com/_
(http://freenj4.wordpress.com/)

[Your Name]
[Your address]

Robert M. Morgenthau
District Attorney
New York County
1 Hogan Place
New York, NY 10013

[Date]

Re: People vs. Renata Hill

Dear Mr. Morgenthau:

I am writing concerning the case of Renata Hill, who is currently awaiting  a
retrial on charges stemming from an incident in August 2006. Her conviction
for Gang Assault was recently overturned on appeal.

I want to encourage you to stop further prosecution in this case, and to
release Ms. Hill so that she may get on with her life. Ms. Hill has already
served two years on charges resulting from a street altercation that she did not
initiate. While she was incarcerated, she was separated from her young son.
She also suffered the death of her mother, whose memorial she was unable  to
attend. Since their convictions on Gang Assault charges, the felony  convictions
against both Ms. Hill and one of her co-defendants were overturned  by the
appellate courts. The two other defendants are currently awaiting their  appeal
hearings.

Notably, the complainant in this matter has commenced a multi million  dollar
lawsuit and runs a website, Dwayne Buckle Foundation for Justice, seeking
donations to his cause based on virulent anti-gay and lesbian attacks.

I believe that further prosecution and incarceration of Ms. Hill would be
unjust. She has been punished enough for her role in the event - both by actual
imprisonment, and in the impact that imprisonment has had upon her life. I
appreciate any assistance you can provide in preventing any further  injustice.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,