[OutVoice] governator

Terry Christopher enterrytainer at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 18:44:47 CST 2008

All,

I think all the information we are sharing is VITAL and so IMPORTANT.  Thanks to Robert Anton for putting me in the direction of the Sam Harris footage as I had not seen it yet.

As I said in my previous post attached below in this thread, we as a COMMUNITY need to  stay TOGETHER.  RIDICULOUS things are being said because of the HURT EVERYONE in our COMMUNITY is feeling.  It doesn't matter what RACE we ARE as we stand collectively on the losing side of this kind of HATRED.  This HATRED IS FOR ALL OF US as GLBT Men and Women.  It HURTS and HITS each of us the same.  The blame game is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.  WE as an LGBT community did EXACTLY what Barack campaigned so hard AGAINST in the final days of his INCREDIBLE campaign.  He ORGANIZED the Democrats into NOT becoming complacent in their thinking that they had the election all sewn up.  It's my OWN thought and opinion from what I have learned and continue to learn and understand, that we as a COMMUNITY grew complacent in the fight of Prop 8 in California because this had already been spoken on by the California State Supreme Court as UNCONSTITUTIONAL by what I
 understand to be a Republican majority State Supreme Court at that, that this coupled with the fact the California has always been a rather progressive, forward thinking State, left us getting as Barack said to the Democrats about Hillary whooping his butt in New Hampshire....we got SPANKED.  It was a recipe of many ingredients that when combined, created the passage of that RIDICULOUS Prop 8.

We could have and should have done more as a COMMUNITY to come TOGETHER and ensure that this would not fly.  We have received our WAKE-UP CALL and as I STATED below WE must REMAIN UNIFIED, ORGANIZED, and READY to see this through.  To lay blame specifically at the African-American Community is simply UNFAIR and DIVISIVE.  There are far too many other VOTES that were not MADE or convinced to VOTE NO on Prop 8.

The Winds of Change Are Blowin'...are the first words from my song Brothers In Arms and Sister Soldiers...and those winds are...BUT...we have to stay TOGETHER and TIGHT as an LGBT COMMUNITY...We need every one of our Brothers & Sisters for this...we have gone through far, far too much as a COMMUNITY through DECADES to get to this point and drop THIS damn ball.  Gordon, Anton, Aaron Carl, and I know I'm missing other folks...this is the dialog and shared info and opinions that are so VITAL to our SUCCESS.  WE sure the hell aren't going to win this fight on our own - one person at a time, but ONLY as a COLLECTIVE COMMUNITY.

-Terry Christopher