[OutVoice] The governator speaks against Prop 8

Aaron-Carl aaroncarl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:26:27 CST 2008

Maybe it's just me, but...

Wasn't HE the one who spoke up FOR Prop 8 in the first place?  Or am I
mistaken?  People crack me up sometimes; they're in the position of
power to actually DO something, yet they refuse to exercise their
rights, in fear of backlash.  Personally, I feel that Schwarzenegger's
ultra-conservative ass needs to be voted OUT of office.  Hell...  Either
you're FOR us, or you are AGAINST us.  He's made his stance clear on
more than one occasion.  I refuse to fall for this "middle of the road"
empathy statement.  "It is unfortunate..."  Yeah, it is unfortunate that
after all these years in office, HE has never actually stood UP for us.

Really...  Must we fight our ENTIRE LIVES, just to exist?  I'm tired of
fighting.  I'd like to be able to actually ENJOY this one life that I DO
have.  I won't preach to the choir about our equality -- WE KNOW that
gay people deserve equality.  My thought is this:  If we can't join
them, BEAT them at their own game.  Sure, they allow us to marry -- just
not each other.  Okay.  Since they wanna play THAT game, I say we follow
suit.  Let's form valid marriages with members of the OPPOSITE sex --
for the property and other financial purposes... Then have our same-sex
partner "behind closed doors."  Why not?  This is exactly what THEY ARE
DOING!  That's how the whole "down low" epidemic got started in the
first place...  Only now, at least we're being up front about it.

You want marriage between only a man and a woman?  Okay, bitches...
Have it your way.  Have your illusion.  WE KNOW THE TRUTH.  Your
so-called "sanctity of marriage" is a joke.  Your divorce rates prove
this.  Your infidelity rates prove this as well...  Your overwhelming
number of unplanned pregnancies, abandoned & abused children also prove
this point.

It's not even an issue of morality anymore... It's an issue of common
sense.  I guess some bigots will never learn, but I REFUSE to waste
whatever time I have on this earth, trying to make THEM see the light.
Let them THINK they've won the battle.  I laugh at the bitches...

Aaron-Carl
(Gay pride, Detroit style...  lol)