[OutVoice] Saturday, June 6, 2008 - *V*I*R*G*O* & Charles Cohen at Queering Sound 2008 (Washington, DC)

William Neal intraxis at intraxis.com
Wed May 28 15:28:30 CDT 2008

Hello, friends.

I will be performing a live computer music/sound art improvisation with
analog synth-meister Charles Cohen at Washington, DC's eighth annual
Queering Sound festival. Queering Sound is a fantastic annual showcase of
some very innovative avant-garde work in sound, video, and spoken word that
showcases work by queer artists on the cutting edge of their various
artforms.

Charles and I will be performing the second installment in our ongoing
"Despite Protestations" series, which explores sonic themes of sex,
violence, and politics among gay men and women in the United States, using
analog synthesis combined with audio excerpts from gay male pornography, gay
bashing scenes in hollywood films, and gay civil rights demonstrations.

Other performers and contributors include Arthur Loves Plastic, BLK w/ BEAR,
RH Bear, Nick Lopata, VJ Poppins, and Mansard.

QUEERING SOUND 08 [ PIX EL A TION ]
Saturday 07 June : 8 PM
Warehouse Second Stage : 1021 7th Street NW
Washington DC 20001 : USA

Admission is $10.00 and available at the door.
Metro : Green/Yellow Line - Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center.

For more information, visit the Queering Sound 2008 web site:
http://members.iglou.com/artbear/queeringsound08.html

Cheers,

*V*I*R*G*O*

Web: http://www.intraxis.com/virgo