[OutVoice] QMH for May, "The History of Olivia Records"

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sun May 25 19:19:41 CDT 2008

Let me invite y'all to hear a radio show I've worked very hard  on. It's been
on my back-burner for a while, but I wanted to do it right. It  includes
every artist who recorded on Olivia and the Second Wave labels,  along with the
story of that journey. And, for the first time on the  internet a complete
pictorial Olivia Records Discography. I'm proud to  tell the story.

The 2-hour show can be streamed or downloaded, and is available in  a
one-hour version...

Playlist – Part 1
Cris Williamson – Olivia / If It Weren’t For the  Music (1991)
Meg Christian – Ode to a Gym Teacher (1974)
Cris Williamson – Song of the Soul (1974)
BeBe K’Roche – Kahlua Mama (1976)
Judy Grahn – A History of Lesbianism (1976)
Pat Parker – For Straight Folks Who Don’t Mind
Gays But Wish  They Weren’t So Blatant (1976)
Robin Tyler – Roles (1979)
Meg Christian – Face the  Music (1977)
Teresa Trull – Woman-Loving Women (1977)
Teresa Trull –  Every Woman (1980)
Berkeley Women’s Music Collective – Gay and Proud  (1977)
Sue Fink – Leaping Lesbians (1977)
Linda Tillery – Don’t Pray For Me (1977)
Gwen Avery – Sugar Mama (1977)
Mary Watkins – No Hiding Place (1977)
June Millington – Heaven Loves a Stranger (1981)
Part 2
Teresa Trull & Barbara Higbie – High and Dry  (1983)
Tret Fure – As If By the Wind (1983)
Alicia Bridges – This Girl Don’t Care (1984)
Deidre McCalla – Would You Like To Dance (1985)
Deidre McCalla – Everyday Heroes & Heroines  (1992)
Lucie Blue Tremblay – So Lucky (1986)
Tret Fure – The Girls All Dance  (1990)
Diane Davidson – Trouble Again (1988)
Nancy Vogl – I Don’t Know Why (1986)
Lucie Blue Tremblay – Sailing Away (1992)
Cris Williamson, Tret Fure & Michael Callen –  Living On (1993)
Meg & Cris – Turning It Over / Joanna /
Sweet Darlin’ Woman / If I Live (I’ll Be  Great) /
Ode to a Gym Teacher / Sweet Woman /
The  Rock Will Wear Away / Waterfall

Now,  I would normally be telling you that a broadcast version will air this
Monday,  at 9pm, on Queer Voices on KPFT, but we've been pre-empted, and QMH
is still  supposed to air, don't know when...so the reliable way to hear the
show is from  my site.

You  can stream or download the show anytime, at
_http://www.queermusicheritage.us/may2008.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.us/may2008.html)

Thanks  for listening,

And, for my June QMH show, in honor of  the California ruling, "Gay Marriage
Songs."

JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show  site:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my  Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and  co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the  GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This  Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past  Audiofile segments are archived
at _http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html)
Also  co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.queervoices.org/)
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.