[OutVoice] Texas Motion Picture Alliance Presents Jade Esteban Estrada

TheChorusBoy at aol.com TheChorusBoy at aol.com
Mon May 19 17:32:28 CDT 2008

The Reel Deal with  Jade Esteban Estrada: Part 1
Acting  Workshop
WHAT:
Continuing in its  mission of promoting and advancing the interests of the
Texas film industry, the  Texas Motion Picture Alliance (TXMPA) has joined
forces with actor,  comedian, and Latin pop star Jade Esteban Estrada (a Texas
native) – to  present a new workshop for actors, "The Reel Deal with Jade Esteban
Estrada:  Part 1"
WHEN:
Saturday,  May 24 from 10AM –  5PM
WHERE:
PrimaDonna  Productions - 8603 Crownhill  Blvd., (near the Magic Time
Machine)
DETAILS:
"The  Reel Deal with Jade Esteban Estrada: Part 1" is part of a series  of
acting workshops conducted by industry professionals from across the state to
benefit the TXMPA.  In this particular workshop, students will work  on-camera,
learning not only the basic craft and techniques of acting, but also  how to
develop a character through physical movement, as well as the technical
demands of on-camera acting.  The workshop will be led by Jade Esteban  Estrada, a
veteran of stage and screen who calls San  Antonio  home.
As a  singer, music from Jade's CD, "Angel" has appeared on the award-winning
series  The Shield, and as a screen actor, his credits include recent
appearances in the  Emmy award-winning series 30 Rock and Friday Night Lights. His
also the host of  the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Bravo. According to
Nikki  Young, South Central Texas Regional Representative for TXMPA, "we asked
Jade to conduct this type of class, because Jade is truly a working actor and
has been a mentor to many; moreover he understands the importance of what the
TXMPA is all about and why it is important that actors stay on top of their
game  so when the big projects come in town, they will be ready!" Estrada adds,
"Whether you're auditioning, or whether you're already booked, there's a very
 specific set of skills both internal and external that one needs to know
when  you're working on camera.  And I'm proud to be working with TXMPA to share
these essential tools, which will ultimately show production companies all
over,  who want to come to film in Texas, that Texas has got some 'reel'  talent
(which of course we already knew)!"

"The Reel  Deal with Jade Esteban Estrada: Part 2" will take place in
November and will focus on the business side of show business. From getting an
agent to online auditions.
ABOUT  TXMPA:
The Texas  Motion Picture Alliance (TXMPA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(6)
organization  founded in Austin on June 16,  2006 to become the  advocate for the film,
video, interactive, and digital media production  industries in the Lone Star
State. The Alliance is committed to  building a strong community of industry
professionals and to support legislation  that benefits our industry. TXMPA is
also committed to educating the general  public about our businesses and how
we impact their lives through the hundreds  of millions of dollars our
productions pump into the  economy.
PRICES:
This fun, but  intensive workshop for ages 15 and over costs only $105 and
includes the  price of lunch! *A portion of the  enrollment proceeds will
benefit TXMPA.*

Checks,  cash, or money orders are accepted. Credit card payments will also
be accepted,  but only through PayPal.  Considering that this is event is a
fundraiser,  cancellations and no shows will still be charged the full amount and
no refunds  will be provided.
TO MAKE  RESERVATIONS:
Please call 210.822.3552 or e-mail  mailto:info at primadonnaproductions.com
FOR MORE  INFO:
http://www.txmpa.org  or http://www.getjaded.com

Jade Esteban Estrada. Photo by  ANGEL HESS

favorites at AOL Food.