[OutVoice] Yakima, WA: Jade Esteban Estrada @ RCMCC - Tonight

TheChorusBoy at aol.com TheChorusBoy at aol.com
Fri May 16 17:26:55 CDT 2008

"Looking back over  the last 20 years of the epidemic, Estrada presented a
heartfelt, informative  and entertaining look at the disease that at times has
taken the community for  many turns.”
Troy  Fienhold-Haasis
SPARKLING  GEMS

Vicarious  Productions and Rainbow Cathedral Metropolitan Community Church
are proud to present the Northwest premiere performance of:

Jade Esteban  Estrada, recipient of the 2004 Audience Favorite Award in Solo
Performance.  Photo by PATRICK PATTERSON.

A  LULLABY FOR RYAN:
The  History of HIV/AIDS in America
Written  and performed by JADE ESTEBAN ESTRADA
2005  Performance Artist of the Year
Additional musical arrangements by Frank  Marasco, Jr.

7:30  P.M.
Friday
May  16, 2008
$10 Donation
Rainbow Cathedral Metropolitan Community Church
225  North 2nd Street
Yakima, WASHINGTON
For information/reservations: 509-457-6454 or  therevjane at charter.net
Show duration is 65 minutes without  intermission
Appropriate  for all ages 13 and up
Wheelchair accessible
Jade  will be signing autographs at a meet and greet reception immediately
after the  performance.

For  more information visit:
_http://www.getjaded.com_ (http://www.getjaded.com/)

“I still think of  the powerful performance that night. ‘A Lullaby for Ryan’
is GREAT for HIV  history and gives each of us something to think about. I am
excited about  bringing Jade back to Omaha and will make this  happen.”
Gary  Winingham
MPower Program  Coordinator
Nebraska AIDS  Project
“I have been hearing rave reviews  from everyone who attended!  We all
appreciated the humor, compassion, and truthful way in which you portrayed many
facets of this cause.  We were all  laughing with you and at ourselves and we
left feeling bonded by the experience.  In your performance, history and humor
meld together to create a rich,  insightful, and unforgettable experience. Your
dedication to each character  makes it easy for the audience to sympathize
with some of the real faces behind  HIV/AIDS, while allowing us to be carried
away by laughter at just the right  times. We admire your ability to tap into
the human side of HIV and celebrate  the stories of strength and courage that
inspire us  all.”
Shelley Hayes
Executive  Director
Yellowstone AIDS Project

About  A Lullaby for Ryan:
Solo theatre artist  Jade Esteban Estrada chronicles the last quarter century
of the AIDS epidemic in  the United States with stories of courage, strength
and human triumph. Meet  “Boobs” AKA the Bubonic Plague, Jimmy, real estate
agent in New York in 1981,  movie star Rock Hudson, Miss Protease Inhibitor
1996, Bill McPhil, an HIV+ Texan  cowboy and LaShonda Johnson, an undiagnosed
housewife in south side Chicago. The  Southwest Actors Guide calls Estrada “one
of the finest solo theatre artists of  the 21st century.”

About  Jade Esteban Estrada:
Formally  choreographer to Latin diva Charo and a scratch vocalist to the
Back Street  Boys, Jade Esteban Estrada is a graduate of the American Musical and
Dramatic Academy  and has been called "the first gay Latin star" by The
Advocate. The actor,  singer, choreographer, composer and writer has appeared on
PBS, FX, Comedy  Central and HBO Latino. He has lectured and performed at
numerous universities  around the U.S.  on Latin culture and LGBT History. His seven
solo theatre shows include: "ICONS:  The Lesbian and Gay History of the
World, Vol. 1-3," "TransWorld! The  Transgender History of the World," "Gay
Christian, Gay Muslim, Gay Jew,"  "Tortilla Heaven," “ A Lullaby for Ryan: The
History of HIV/AIDS in America”  and "Pico de Gallo." In October 2006, Kentucky
Governor Ernie Fletcher awarded  him the title of "Kentucky Colonel" for his work
promoting goodwill and  fellowship around the world. Other colonels include
Winston Churchill, Ronald  Reagan, Johnny Depp, Mae West, Joan Crawford and Pope
John Paul II. He also lent  his golden voice to the "Being Out Rocks" CD
compilation for the Human Rights  Campaign. Estrada stars in many new films in
2008 including “The Blue Note,”  “Callous,” “Crosshairs,” and the highly
anticipated “The Innocent Killers.” He  recently released his own designer humor
line of bilingual greeting cards, “Jade  Esteban Estrada for Nos Vemos
Greetings.”  He is also the host of the  19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Bravo set
to air June  27th. For more information visit _www.getjaded.com_
(http://www.getjaded.com/) .

TOUR  SCHEDULE
May  16 – Yakima, WA
May  22 – San  Antonio, TX
May  23 – Forth Worth, TX
May  24 – San  Antonio
May  29-31 – Austin, TX
Jun  9, 14 – Tallahassee, FL
Jun  18-22, 26 – San  Antonio, TX
Jun  27 – Pensacola, FL
Jun  28 – Columbus, OH
Jun  29-30 – San  Antonio, TX
Jul  26 – San  Antonio, TX

_www.getjaded.com_ (mip://01ed6a30/www.getjaded.com)

The following products by Jade  Esteban Estrada are available online:
Jade  Esteban Estrada
“Angel”  CD
_www.cdbaby.com/jadeestrada_ (http://www.cdbaby.com/jadeestrada)
Jade  Esteban Estrada for Nos Vemos Greetings
The  designer humor line of bilingual greeting cards by comedian Jade Esteban
 Estrada
_www.nosvemosgreetings.com_ (http://www.nosvemosgreetings.com/)
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AjeSYT70Ec_ (ht
tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AjeSYT70Ec)