[OutVoice] WKJCE TLGB RADIO Updates

Joanne Lynn Benjamin garfield25_tg at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 11:40:46 CDT 2008

WKJCE moved into our new studio and verizon told us the broadband would be ready the next day...
Tuesday and that the phones would be transfered on the same day
Well close to midnight we broke down the old studio and moved everything over just to find out that the broadband wasn't ready as promised ad when we called they said it wouldn't be ready until April 2nd -sigh
So we called our local cable company.. And Alanna was pricing their highest speed access and asked about running servers and they said we can make exceptions depending on the server,
so she told them that her other half runs an online radio station, and they said it wouldn't be a problem..
Se asked how soon could it be ready, and they said in two days,
So she ordered comcasts high speed internet...
 than after we went over the budget and knowing that donations for the station is down, we figured we couldn't afford it at this time, so she had to cancel =sigh
and we stuck with verizon business DSL, knowing that we wouldn't be back online until April 2nd
However this morning Friday March 28th We were lying in bed and Alanna's computer said the virus database has been updated.. and the first thing that came to mind was it takes internet service to update the avast anti virus databases, So we made a mad dash to the computer/studio room and sure enough we are back online - :)

We still have some minor work to do like connecting mixing boards and etc, but its nothing that cant be done while the station is running

but thats whats been going on here
We would like to apologize to all of our syndicated radio shows who broadcast on WKJCE TLGB RADIO for the inconvenience this may have caused.
hugs
-Joanne Lynn

-Joanne Lynn
http://www.freewebtown.com/joanne_lynn/

    WKJCE TLGB RADIO
http://www.wkjce.org/
  http://www.myspace.com/wkjce

   Northwest PA Trans Group
  http://www.freewebtown.com/northwestpatrans/

" I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage (MythBusters)