[OutVoice] Stop SB 1250, the "Marriage Protection Amendment!"

Joanne Lynn Benjamin garfield25_tg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 11:46:57 CDT 2008

  Stop SB 1250, the "Marriage Protection Amendment!"
 Dear Whom it may concerns:
 Senate Bill 1250, the "Marriage Protection Amendment," is moving forward in  the Senate Judiciary Committee and is scheduled for a committee vote on  Tuesday, March 18! This is a critical moment for us to speak out against this  legislation and stop this bill in committee!
 With a vote scheduled for this Tuesday, we only have one week to make our  voices heard in opposition to this legislation. A hearing to discuss the bill is  planned for this Monday, March 17 in Harrisburg. Over the past several weeks, thousands of LGBT people and  allies from every part of the state have spoken out against this important bill,  but we need you to again call and e-mail your Senator and keep the pressure up  to stop this bill in committee!
 If your Senator serves on the Judiciary Committee it is even more important  for them to hear from you and others supporting equality for LGBT people. At the  bottom of this e-mail is a list of Senators who serve on the Judiciary  Committee, the counties they represent, and their district office phone numbers.
 To find out your Senator's contact information, click  here.
 For Talking Points on the Marriage Protection  Amendment, click   here.
 Please act now to help ensure fairness for all  Pennsylvanians!
 If you have any questions, please e-mail   Jake.
 Thank you and with your continued support we will defeat this amendment once  again!
 SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
 Stewart Greenleaf, Chair. (215) 657-7700. Bucks, Montgomery
 Mary Jo White, Vice Chair. (814) 432-4345. Erie, Warren, Forest, Venango,  Clarion
 Jay Costa, Minority Chair. (412) 241-6690. Allegheny
 Joseph Scarnati, Leadership. (814) 726-7201. Cameron, Clearfield, Elk,  Jefferson, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Warren
 Pat Browne. (610) 821-8468. Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe
 Jane Earll. (814) 453-2515. Erie
 John Gordner. (570) 784-3464. Dauphin, Snyder, Northumberland, Montour,  Columbia, Luzerne
 Jane Orie. (412) 630-9466. Allegheny, Butler
 Jeffrey Piccola. (717) 896-7714. Dauphin
 John Rafferty. (610) 831-8830. Montgomery, Chester, Bucks
 Lisa Boscola. (610) 868-8667. Monroe, Northampton, Lehigh
 Wayne Fontana. (412) 344-2551. Allegheny
 Michael Stack. (215) 281-2539. Philadelphia
 Barry Stout. (724) 225-5400. Allegheny, Beaver, Greene, Washington,  Westmoreland

  Send a letter to the following decision maker(s):
 Your State Senator  (if you live in Pennsylvania)

  Below is the sample letter:
 Subject: Please Oppose SB 1250, the "Marriage Protection Amendment!"
 Dear [decision maker name automatically inserted here],
 As your constituent, I urge you to oppose SB 1250, the so-called "Marriage  Protection Amendment," or any other Constitutional Amendment that would deny  legal recognition of unmarried families.

 I do not support the so-called "Pennsylvania Marriage Protection Amendment," and  ask you to oppose it.

 Please help to protect all Pennsylvania families and not harm some by writing  discrimination into Pennsylvania's Constitution, a document created to expand  rights, not limit them.

 Pennsylvania law already stops gay and lesbian couples from marrying. This  amendment, therefore, is not necessary.

 For the well-being of all Pennsylvanians, please vote against Senate Bill 1250  and writing discrimination into our Commonwealth's Constitution.

 Sincerely,

-Joanne Lynn
http://www.freewebtown.com/joanne_lynn/

    WKJCE TLGB RADIO
http://www.wkjce.org/
  http://www.myspace.com/wkjce

   Northwest PA Trans Group
  http://www.freewebtown.com/northwestpatrans/

" I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage (MythBusters)