[OutVoice] IMA Auction

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 06:48:19 CST 2008

The Institute for the Musical Arts is run by June Millington and Ann  Hackler
and is dedicated to supporting girls and women in music. (Some of you  may
know June's work as the guitarist for Fanny, the first all-women's band  signed
to a major label, or for her work in women's music.) They're running an
auction to raise money for a much-needed studio. There are some great items
including a signed guitar from Bonnie Raitt, handwritten lyrics from the Indigo
Girls and a signed jacket from David Bowie. Below is more info. If you have
questions, please ask them directly.

Jamie

Jamie  Anderson
singer-songwriter-parking lot attendant
_www.jamieanderson.com_ (http://www.jamieanderson.com/)
_www.MySpace.com/jamieandersonmusic_
(http://www.myspace.com/jamieandersonmusic)
Tired  of writing your own bio? Contact me!

Dear Friends of IMA,
In January workers began building the two control  rooms and isolation booths
for the recording studio, the final phase of our  half-million dollar barn
conversion project. In order to have the studio  done by
the time the girls arrive for summer programs, we have initiated a  capital
campaign to raise $150,000. We hope each of you will help us reach  this goal
by participating in and letting your friends know about our upcoming  eBay
auction which begins March 8th (International Women's Day) and ends on  April 14th
(IMA co-founder June Milllington's 60th birthday) .

Bonnie  Raitt, Melissa Ferrick, Ani Difranco, Teresa Trull, Erin McKeown and
Dar  Williams have all donated signed guitars, David Bowie has donated a
signed  leather jacket from  The Hunger  television series, there will be some
great material from the FANNY archives,  the Indigo Girls have contributed
handwritten lyrics, and many other artists  have contributed gear, memoribilia, CD's,
photographs, books and artwork. There  will be items that will sell for
thousands of dollars and some you might be able  to purchase for as little as $10
or $20.

You can find photos and video of  the studio in progress as well as a full
listing of auction items and the dates  they will go up for bidding on_ the  IMA
website_ (http://www.ima.org/) .  Starting on March 8th you can go directly
to_  the auction site_
(http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=institute_musical_arts)  for bidding and information. We'd appreciate
it greatly  if you would pass this e-mail on to your friends.  We thank you in
advance  for helping out.

Happy bidding!!
Ann

note from June: you can go to  _www.youtube.com/IMAinthehouse_
(http://www.youtube.com/IMAinthehouse)  to view a "video blog" of the barn  construction
which also has bits of live footage of the girls' Rock Camps,  sessions, and info
on donors and their auction items - not to mention  never-before-seen Fanny
snapshots. New footage daily...

ann  hackler
executive director
the institute for the musical arts