[OutVoice] QMH for Monday June 23, 9pm CDT - Gay Marriage Songs

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 08:25:02 CDT 2008

Howdy from Houston,

Welcome  to my June  Queer Music Heritage show, sort of a Gay Pride show,
celebrating the  California court decision....it's all about Songs About Gay
Marriage, with some  interview quotes from Ron Romanovsky, Steven Franz and Roy
Zimmerman.

Playlist

Chixie Dix – Marry Me (2004)
The Clevelanders – In My  Little Hope Chest (1930)
Ron Romanovsky  comments
Ron Romanovsky – Sanctity of Marriage  (2006)
Kinsey Sicks – Locked Out of the Chapel of Love  (2002)
Mark Mercer – Chapel of Love (2004)
Tori Fixx – Marry Me (2004)
Scott Free – Battle Hymn of the Intolerant  (2004
Janis Ian – Married in London (2006)
Therapy Sisters –  Tying the Knot in Vermont (2004)
Jamie  Anderson – A Love So True (2001)
Sandy Baron – Do You Take  This Man? (1972)
Ten Percent Revue – Wedding Song (1987)
Michel  Girouard & Regeant Tremblay - "L'Hymne a L'Amour (1972)
Boston Gay Men’s Chorus – Marry Us (2004)
Heartland Men’s Chorus – I Do  (2004)
Tret Fure – Wedding Song  (2002)
Emma’s Revolution –  This Love (2004)
Nedra Johnson – Forever With Me (2005)
Alan Cumming – Married (2006)
Mark Bridge – Same Sex  Marriage (2005)
Eded Gross – It’s All Because (2008)
Wishing Chair – Outlaw Wedding (2005)
Dave Hall – Biff & Tony’s  Wedding (1999
Steven Franz comments (2008)
Steven Franz – When Is  It My Turn? (2008)
Steven Franz – I Do  (2008)
Peter Donnelly – Love With Me (1998)
Roy Zimmerman comments  (2008)
Roy Zimmerman – Defenders of Marriage (2006)
You can stream or download the show anytime,  at
_http://www.queermusicheritage.us/jun2008.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.us/jun2008.html)
And, the radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston, Monday, June  23rd
at 9pm, CDT, and the station netcasts at _http://www.kpft.org_
(http://www.kpft.org)

Thanks for listening,

JD  Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio  site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the  monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing  on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile  site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are  archived
at _http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html)
Also co-host of  Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.queervoices.org/)
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)