[OutVoice] Fw: [WestVirginiansForObama] Happy 4th! And....They're baaaaack

Len Rogers SWS len at stonewallsociety.com
Fri Jul 4 10:28:15 EDT 2008

Sorry for the off topic but I think this needs to be widely spread.
Len

Hope everyone is enjoying a happy and safe fourth of July. I wanted to share some experiences I have encountered over the last couple of days. It might be old news so my apologies if so. I find it interesting that this return to Bush campaign tactics appears just as McSame brings Rove campers onboard. This exact tactic was used in both the 2000 and 2004 elections. The goal is pretty obvious to create confusion, incite arguments, and split those supporting Obama. In several chat rooms and on several messages boards I have seen "posers" who are very sneakily pushing McSame and attacking Obama. We probably will see the same in here. These "posers" are initially presenting themselves as confused voters or moderates. After drawing in some debate the tone changes and the Obama bashing starts. And I do mean in the lowest ways. Some clues to identify, and some are pretty obvious.
1. Most have referred to Obama as B. Hussein Obama.
2. Frequently list home as someplace outside of the U.S. or known liberal areas in the United States.
3. Initiate conversations by seeming confused about Obama and American politics.
4. Statements like, "B. Hussein Obama has some interesting views, but do you really think the United States is ready to elect a black man? If you vote for him aren't you wasting your vote?" is a common start to the bashing.
5. Mis-quotes abound as do twisting of Obama policies and statements. As an example, "I see the B. Hussein Obama is now on the side of McCain on Iraq and B. Hussein Obama is refining his position on Iraq." and "I got he feeling that B. Hussein Obama hates Israel, why so?"
I think you see how it comes together. The most common is the way these posers use Obama's name. I saw several in these chats and message boards get drawn in thus becoming confused and question their own vote. If you see this, report as a fraudulent to the appropriate server/site. And by all means jump in and help. So far each time I have called the posers on being repubs trying to influence the vote the offending poser exits quickly. Usually with a "Vote McCain" exit statement. However, don't play their game by entering into the argument directly with them. But do support the legitimate confused voter with some positive statements on voting, Obama support, and needed clarification. Once you see the posers, call them out. This is happening in social chats, political chats, religious chats, and education directed chats. The same with message boards. This was an effective tactic by the repubs in split areas during the 2000 and 2004 elections. Just wanted to share the experience. The dirt is starting again.
Yes We Can!
Len
Founder
StoneWall Society
www.stonewallsociety.com
www.stonewallsociety.net

Focus Blue
Director GLBT Affairs
http://www.focus-blue.org/
Yes We Can!

Watch for Equality-Net! Coming soon.

Rainbow World Radio
www.rainbowworldradio.com
GLBT Hall Of Fame
www.glbthalloffame.com
Pride In The Arts Annual Awards & Festival
www.prideinthearts.com
OutVoice The GLBT Top 40 Chart since 1996!
www.outvoice.net
www.outvoice.org

Real GLBT Artists and Art! Shop ArtMall at
www.stonewallsociety.net/ArtMall !

This email was sent to 320 members of West Virginians For Obama
This email was sent from Len Rogers SWS len at stonewallsociety.com
Listserv email address: WestVirginiansForObama at groups.barackobama.com
Your reply will be sent to: WestVirginiansForObama at groups.barackobama.com