[OutVoice] The QTube GLBT Music Videos On Demand

Len Rogers SWS len at stonewallsociety.com
Wed Jan 30 15:08:17 CST 2008

Sorry if you got this twice, but 1st post did not go to entire list. Len

Bill,
    I am not an artist. I would not be posting. I tried to make it clear this was a question for the artists to decide. I am only involved as the list owner who was asked. The information needs to be clearly stated to the artists. My post, (included below), was referring to questions asked of me about QTube by an artist on this list who was responding about your first post. As I do not represent QTube and was not sent information prior to your post, I did not have the answers. Ergo the post to which you responded. As the OutVoice list owner I will always expect to be informed about the use of this list to promote a service, website, or commercial venture prior to the promotion. I have a commitment to these artists to maintain that list. One I take very seriously. That you did not seek permission to post and that previous emails have gone unanswered created a question in my mind.
    The issue here is two-fold. One being the questions raised. As you have responded with your answers, (included below),  they along with this post will be added to the list. This was meant to be a public discussion. I assume if artists have questions they will respond. I have already received a response from one artist who feels the QTube site is of great value to the GLBT arts community. My goal is to see the information is passed. You have submitted information I will post that.
   The second issue is your use of the OutVoice list without at least making me aware of the site and what it offers. As this was posted on the OutVoice list which is moderated, the artist had every right to assume I supported QTube. As well to contact me for my opinion of QTube and the questions previously raised. Had I been informed, I could have at least said I was aware of QTube and had no problems. Your post placed both QTube and myself in an awkward position. It is not my responsibility to seek the information. It is the responsibility of the poster to seek appropriate approval and share information before use. Please, in the future promote fairly, professionally, and in a positive manner by alerting those list / promotional services you use first. I have always been eager to promote positive services to artists. I admittedly am not happy with the position in which your actions have placed me.
Sincerely;
Len Rogers
Founder
StoneWall Society
www.stonewallsociety.com
www.stonewallsociety.net

Watch for Equality-Net! Coming soon.

Rainbow World Radio
www.rainbowworldradio.com
GLBT Hall Of Fame
www.glbthalloffame.com
Pride In The Arts Annual Awards & Festival
www.prideinthearts.com
OutVoice The GLBT Top 40 Chart since 1996!
www.outvoice.net
www.outvoice.org

Real GLBT Artists and Art! Shop ArtMall at
www.stonewallsociety.net/ArtMall !

Support GLBT Radio! Keep "THIS WAY OUT" on the air. Live online auction
to support "THIS WAY OUT"
www.alternabid.com/sites/stonewalled