[OutVoice] New CD release from Patrick Arena

Arenamusic at aol.com Arenamusic at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 12:20:35 CST 2008

KBOO PORTLAND OR
KKJZ  LONG BEACH CA
WECS WILLIMANTIC CT
WGLT NORMAL IL
WSYC SHIPPENSBURG  PA
KTEP EL PASO TX
KTSU HOUSTON YX
WLSU LA CROSS WI

“On his new CD, “Night and Day” (patrickarenamusic.com), Patrick  Arena
divides his time, like night and day, between standards and originals.  His
stripped-down interpretation of the Cole Porter title tune makes its  sound
like a
jazz lullaby. He has a good time with “I’m Always Drunk in San  Francisco”
and
gets the appropriate emotional mileage out of “What Are You  Doing The Rest of
Your Life.” Arena gives Biello & Martin’s “In My Body”  a jazzy polish, and
when it comes to his own compositions, “Barefoot Boy,”  “Belvedere” and “
Where
Have You Been All My Life?” are worth a listen.”
Gregg Shapiro - Chicago Free Press/Bay Area Reporter (Jan 9, 2008)

48)