[OutVoice] QMH for August, 4 1/2 Hours of Great Music!

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 08:51:44 CDT 2008

Howdy  from Houston,

My August Queer Music Heritage is another  one of my Songs I've Been Meaning
To Play shows, so it's packed full of lots of  artists and genres, spanning 38
years, with mini-interview clips from Amy  Meyers, Melange Lavonne, Clay
Callaway, Devin (of Devin & the Straights),  Eric Himan, James Collins, Tom
Andersen, Barry Goold and Irwin Keller (Winnie)  of The Kinsey Sicks. And it
morphed, for the internet version, into 4 1/2  hours...hey, you Know I've no
willpower when it comes to sharing music from my  collection.

Playlist

Part 1
Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About  You (1984)
Randy Jones - Pretty Woman (1982)
Fresh - And the Boys Lazed on the Verandah (1970)
Amy Meyers  comments (2008)
Amy Meyers -  Girls Like You (2004)
Anna Gutmanis - I am who I am (2007)
Melange  Lavonne - Gay Bash (2008)
Melange Lavonne comments  (2008
Melange Lavonne - Marry Me (2008)
Sylvester  Medley:
Dance Disco Heat (1978)
You Make Me Feel Mighty  Real (1979)
Do You Wanna Funk (1982, with Patrick  Cowley)
Sylvester - NAPRA Anti-Drug PSA (1973)
Sylvester -  Cabaret (1985)
Adam Joseph - Faggoty Attention  (2007)
Frank Grimaldi & Soce - Faggotry  Personified (2004
The Prince Myshkins - Let Me Into the Military  (2000)
George Daniel Long - What Makes a Man a Man  (2008)

Part 2
Le Sorelle Marinetti - Cher Medley  (2008)
Kitchens of Distinction - 4 Men (1992)
Jan Rot -  Sweet Surrender (1987)
Jan Rot - Just Tell Him Jim Said Hello  (1984)
Richenel - My Lover Sleeps (1989)
The  Geezer - When a Man Loves a Man (2008
Jacob Diefenbach - Ayran Boy  (2006)
John Barrowman - The Wizard and I (2006)
Alan  Duke - Love's Right (1976)
Mark Bunyan - Is S/He One?  (1982)
Little Britain - I'm Gay (2006)
Lewis  Furey - Hustler's Tango (1974)
Marc Almond & Gene  Pitney -
Something's Gotten a Hold of My Heart  (1989)
Marc Almond - Backstage (2007
Soft Cell - Tainted Love  (1981)

Part 3
Jeremy Gloff - Beautiful Boy  (2008)
Clay Callaway comments (2008)
Clay Callaway -  Darn It, Baby, That's Love (2007)
Clay Callaway - You Ain't  Woman Enough (2007)
Devin & the Straights - Boys Behind Me  (2007)
Devin comments (2008)
Devin &  the Straights - Cowboy Night (2008)
Eric Himan - Jolene  (2007)
Eric Himan comments  (2008)
Eric Himan - Little Boy Blue (2008
Eric Himan - Protest Song (2008)
Don Harvey - Jake (2008)
Bill Amesbury - Virginia (Touch Me Like  You Do) (1979)
James Collins comments (2008)
James Collins - Do You Mind If We Talk About Bill? (2006)
Bill Amesbury -  A Thrill's a Thrill (1976
James Collins - I Wanna Write a Song for Celine  Dion (2001)
James Collins -  Good Enough (To Love) (2007)
The Nylons - This Boy (1984)
Micah Barnes - Up on the Roof (2008
Tom Andersen comments  (2008)
Tom Andersen - Yard Sale (1998
John Cantwell &  Matthew Solari - Not While We're Dancing Dear (1998)

Part  4
Kate Reid - Starving Artist (2006)
Catherine D'Amato  - I Love a Woman (1985
Jean Gauthier - Sweet Lovin' Woman (2008)
Holly Near - Hattie & Mattie (2006
Janell Rock - Gertrude &  Steins (2004)
Katie Reider - I Will Love You (2004)
The New Miss Alice Stone Ladies Society Orchestra - White Girls  (1976)
Dwayne Britton  - Rainbow Connection (2008)
Jeffrey Wilgus - I Don't Get What I Give (2007
Barry Goold comments  (2008)
Barry Goold - Walking and Running (2008)
VonTanner - So Gay (2007)
VonTanner - Shangri Las Girl  (2007)
VonTanner - It's My Party (2007)
David Roter - He's a Rabbi (1979)
Grizzly Bear - He Hit Me  (2007)
Red Wedding - Chapel of Love / All Dressed Up  (1982)
Pansy Division - Twinkie Twinkie Little Star (2008)
Kinsey Sicks (Irwin Keller) comments (2008)
Kinsey Sicks - Send In the  Clones (2008)
Kinsey Sicks - Sheepfucking Guy (2008
Kinsey  Sicks - We Arm the World (2008)

You can stream or download  the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/aug2008.html

And, the radio version  is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston, Monday,  August 18th,
at 10pm, CDT, and  the station netcasts at _http://www.kpft.org_
(http://www.kpft.org/) .  Due to a planned pre-emption for the Democratic Convention on
the 25th, my show  airs a week early this month; and Queer Voices is not at a
later time, Mondays  from 9-11pm.

Thanks for listening,

JD  Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show  site:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of  Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the  GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This  Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at  www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at _http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html)
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday  night from 9-11 pm, _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.queervoices.org/)
and  at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)

Read reviews on AOL Autos.