[OutVoice] QMH for April 28th: Kristian Hoffman, The Mumps and Klaus Nomi

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 15:53:38 CDT 2008

Howdy from Houston,

Welcome  to my April  Queer  Music Heritage show, featuring a fun and
fascinating interview with  singer/songwriter Kristian Hoffman, who'll talk about his
career and involvement  with the late 70's pop/punk band The Mumps and
"operatic space alien" Klaus  Nomi.

Playlist

The Mumps – Crocodile  Tears (1977)
The Mumps –  Dutchboy(1976)
The Mumps – I Like to Be  Clean (1977)
The Mumps – Awkward Age  (1977)
Klaus Nomi – Samson and Delilah aria  (1980)
Klaus Nomi – Total  Eclipse (1983)
Klaus Nomi – After the  Fall (1982)
Klaus Nomi – The Twist  (1983)
Klaus Nomi – Pop  Standards Medley
Swinging Madisons –  Mediocre Dream (1981)
Swinging Madisons –  Society’s Child (1981)
Swinging Madisons – Belinda (1982)
Bleaker Street Incident – Trigger Happy  (1985)
Kristian Hoffman – I  Don’t Love My Guru Anymore (1993)
Kristian Hoffman – Odd Man Out (1993)
Kristian Hoffman – Lemons  Never Forget (1994)
Kristian Hoffman – Earthquake Weather (1996)
Kristian Hoffman – Man In  a Hurry (1996)
Rosenstolz, with Marc Almond – Total  Eclipse (2002)
Kristian Hoffman & Russell Mael (of Sparks) – Devil in  My Care (2002)
Kristian Hoffman & El Vez – Madison Avenue (2002)
Kristian Hoffman &  Steve McDonald (of Redd Kross) – I Could Die for Cute
(2002)
Ann Magnuson &  Kristian Hoffman - Old Enuf 2 B Yer Mom (2006)
Kristian Hoffman – Evil  (2008)
Kristian  Hoffman & Rufus Wainwright – Scarecrow (2002)

You can stream  or  download the show anytime, at
_http://www.queermusicheritage.us/apr2008.html_ (http://www.queermusicheritage.us/apr2008.html)

And,  the  radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston, Monday, April 28th,
9pm
CDT, and the station netcasts at _http://www.kpft.org_ (http://www.kpft.org)
 .

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show  site:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my  Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and  co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the  GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This  Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past  Audiofile segments are archived
at _http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html)
Also  co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.queervoices.org/)
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)

listings at AOL Autos.