[OutVoice] Scott Free update

scott free xscottfreex at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 15:53:29 EDT 2008

Hey folks! Haven’t posted in a while – here’s what
I’ve been up to (and will be up to)

New CD:
The Pink Album (A Pop Opera) – check out samples at
CDBaby & iTunes (also available at Amazon.com)
http://www.cdbaby.com/scottfree4
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=274849945&s=143441

There’s a wonderful interview by Gregg Shapiro over at
Outsmart Magazine
http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/cms-this_issue/200804--Gritty+in+Pink.html?PHPSESSID=8337e1e9df700123a18ac7d5316fbc20

Check out the video to the song ‘Free’ by Scott Free
and His Closest Friends at
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31441174
Or at my website http://www.scottfree.net

Scott Free live:

Sat April 12 – Newark, NJ – New Jersey Performing Arst
Center. HipHop: Out, Loud and Proud II – w/ Hahifah
Walidah, Pandora Scooter, Baron, Melange Lavonne, and
Purple Haze. NJPAC One Center Street, Newark, NJ 07102
1-888-GO-NJPAC 8pm

Wed April 16 – Chicago, IL – Women & Children First
Books – w/ Gregg Shapiro and LaNita Joseph. I’ll be
performing songs from The Pink Album (A Pop Opera)
accompanied by Jenny Urban and Kate Rickenbacker.
7:30pm 773-769-9299
http://www.womenandchildrenfirst.com

Sat May 17 – Chicago, IL – ALT Q at the Old Town
School of Folk Music (see below)

Sat May 30 – Chicago, IL – Mary’s Attic – opening for
Ben Lerman 5400 N. Clark St 773-784-6969

Sat June 7 – Milwaukee, WI – Milwaukee Pridefest
9:45pm Scott Free and His Closest Friends
http://www.pridefest.com

Sun June 22 – San Francisco, CA – Queer Cultural
Center at SomArts 3pm http://www.somarts.org

ALT Q – my LGBT festival at the Old Town School of
Folk Music in Chicago is in its eighth year! The date
is Saturday May 17th This years performers will be
Cris Williamson, Coyote Grace, Mekole Wells, Edward
Thomas-Herrera and The Erin Waters Show. Proceeds
donated to Black LGBT & Allies for Equality. A
meet-the-artists wine reception will follow the event.
OTSFM 4544 N.Lincoln Ave Tickets available at
http://www.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=130328  or the Old
Town School Box Office 773-728-6000 Check out more at
the website http://www.altqfestival.com

Homolatte – my bimonthly queer performance series will
feature these performers in the upcoming shows – all
shows at 7:30pm
April 15th Zan / Liz Snavely
May 6th Darwyn Jones / Chris Schutz
May 20th E.Patrick Johnson / Yolanda Roth
Big Chicks/Tweet 5024 N. Sheridan. See the full
schedule at http://www.homolatte.com

Thanks for reading!!

Scott Free