[OutVoice] MuseNews: LGBT music projects come to fruition on video/cd/radio

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 12:41:07 CDT 2007

Hey gang - Here's a shout-out to lgbt music fans and radio hosts about
exciting music projects we've worked on at URBAN PRODUCTIONS that are happening now
and/or about to happen.   Congrats especially to all Gay Guitarists Worldwide
members below - luv, ru

Here's to gay pop idol MATTHEW DUFFY on his brand new album THE HEALING
MACHINE. Vocals for many of the cd's songs were laid down by Matthew here at Urban
Productions. Also   - check out the bass guitar on track 10 - "Closer" and
acoustic guitar on Matt's cover of Cat Stevens' hit "The Wind" - by yours truly.

The rock video, "What's Your Name," - the hit single from ROGER KUHN's PROOF
album, is now up on LOGO's Click List.  The entire PROOF cd was recorded here
at Urban Productions, NYC. The band rocking NYC's Washington Square Park in
the "What's Your Name" video is: Roger Kuhn - vocals, acoustic gtr; Robert Urban
- electric gtr; and R.U.B. drummer Anthony Maullela - drums. Check us out at:
http://www.logoonline.com - Logo Click List.

Another new single - The same-sex love ballad "All the Man You Need" -
recorded here by MARSHALL ZARNE for his SEX, BOOZE & the DEVIL cd is now up on
Marshall's myspace page - listen at: www.myspace.com/marshallzarne

Making the rounds on lgbt radio playlists - "Devil With a Blue Dress/Good
Golly Miss Molly" - this piss-hot recording of the famous MITCH RYDER & the
DETROIT WHEELS classic - is by our old band YOLANDA AND THE PLASTIC FAMILY captured
live at CBGB's NYC in April 2004 .   The bandmembers: Yolanda (now called
Roger Mapes) on vocals, Robert Urban on vocals & guitar, Tosh Mana on bass, and
Anthony Maullela on drums.

Soon to be released - keep an ear out for:

Singer/songwriter/guitarist/bassist DON HARVEY's upcoming new cd -
"JUST HAVIN' SOME GOOD CLEAN FUN" which I had the extreme pleasure to work on
as production & technical consultant. I'll wait for it's official release to
review it in full - but let me say now - this album is TRUCKIN'!!! -   ala
Grateful Dead/Canned Heat/Hot Tuna - and every one of it's songs is loaded with
queer wit and pride.   This album makes u groove and it makes u grin - ear to
ear!

and........ We're hard at work in the Urban Productions studio creating
singer/songwriter/guitarist MORRY CAMPBELL's 14 song debut cd "LONG LONG WAY HOME".
  Watch for the cd's prerelease Christmas single - "Frightful Weather" which
in addition to Morry also features jazz keyboardist Dan Manjovi on electric
piano and yours truly on percussion.

luv -
robert urban
URBAN PRODUCTIONS, NYC