[OutVoice] Matthew Shepard Act

Joanne Lynn Benjamin garfield25_tg at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:38:43 CDT 2007

Hi,

You've got to watch this video. Thousands of people are attacked every year because of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and there's still no federal hate crimes law to protect them. This video is the most powerful statement I've seen on hate crimes, and I couldn't help but pass it on. I think you'll see why.

http://www.hrc.org/FightHate

There's a bill in the Senate right now that would address this heartbreaking problem, and we only have a few weeks until the vote. It would mean a lot to me if you could take a minute to watch the video and write your Senators, and then pass this along to five friends. I really believe none of us can sit this one out. Just go to:

http://www.hrc.org/FightHate

  The radical right is out in force, spreading lies and flooding Congress with  calls and letters  against the Matthew Shepard Act. They're out-messaging  us five to one.
 Don't leave your senators with a distorted view of their constituents' beliefs. Make sure all your friends and family see the powerful video.

Goddess Bless,
-Joanne Lynn
http://www.freewebtown.com/joanne_lynn/

---------------------------------