[OutVoice] QMH for October 22nd, 9pm CST -- Queer Blues

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 15:05:21 CDT 2007

Howdy,

Welcome  to my October show, a special I'm  calling Queer Blues, which
explores blues-related music from 1925 up to  1970.

Playlist
Kokomo  Arnold – Sissy Man Blues (1935)
Ma  Rainey – Sissy Blues (1926)
Ma Rainey – Prove It On Me Blues  (1928)
Ruby Smith – Buffet Flat Story  (1971)
Bessie Smith – Soft Pedal Blues  (1925)
Ethel Waters – Dinah (1925)
Gladys Bentley – How Much Can I  Stand (1928)
Bessie Jackson – B.D. Women Blues  (1935)
Frankie  “Half-Pint” Jaxon – Operation Blues (1929)
Frankie  “Half-Pint” Jaxon – My Daddy Rocks Me With  One Steady Roll (1929)

Billy  Banks & His Rhythmakers – Oh, Peter (1932)
Alberta  Hunter – I Won’t Let You Down (1940)
Billy  Wright – You Satisfy (1950)
Hedda  Lettuce – Drag Queen Blues (2005)
Tiny  Bradshaw & His Orchestra, with
Little  Tiny Kennedy – Newspaper Boy Blues (1952)
Billie  McCallister - 31 E Blues (1952)
Patsy  Valdelar – Keep Your Hands on Your  Heart (1953)
Big Mama  Thornton – Hound Dog (1952)
Little  Richard – Directly From My Heart (1953)
Little  Richard – Tutti Frutti (1955)
Little  Richard on Esquerita (late 50s)
Esquerita  – Just Another Lie (1958)
Esquerita  – Dew Drop Inn (1965)
Bobby  Marchan – Poor Pitiful Me (1956)
Huey  Piano Smith & the Clowns – Don’t  You Just Know It (1958)
Bobby  Marchan – There Is Something On Your  Mind (1960)
Long  John Baldry – Five Long Years (1965)
Blues  Incorporated – How Long, How Long  Blues (1962)
Janis  Joplin – Cry Baby (1970)

You can stream or  download the show anytime, at
_http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2007.html_ (http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2007.html)

And,   the radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston, Monday, October  22nd,
9pm CST, and the station netcasts  _http://www.kpft.org_
(http://www.kpft.org) .

And   come back for my November show on the 26th for a special on Songs
About AIDS, just in time for World AIDS Day.

Thanks     for  listening,

JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show  site:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my  Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and  co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the  GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This  Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past  Audiofile segments are archived
at _http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html)
Also  co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.queervoices.org/)
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)