[OutVoice] Winsome Griffles northeast tour

Larry Bob Roberts larrybob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:43:50 CDT 2007

My band the Winsome Griffles is doing a show in San Francisco tonight
in advance of kicking off our Northeast tour.  Our debut CD, Meet the Griffles
is currently at the pressing plant. In the meantime we have some demo
material at
http://www.myspace.com/winsomegriffles

The instrumentation is piano, bass/banjo, drums and harmony vocals.
We play originals and old favorites, giving a queer twist to traditional music.

"The gay politik is equally present in the swish Americana of the
Winsome Griffles, the minimalist rock of Erase Errata, the indie swish
of the Ex-Boyfriends and Hey Willpower, the hip-pop of Gravy Train and
the gender-bending kitsch of Wood." - London Observer  Music Monthly

Here's our upcoming gigs:
Wednesday October 3, 2007 - 8:00 PM
El Rio, 3158 Mission St., San Francisco, 94110
Cost: $4
El Rio's new first Wednesday live Alt Country night with the Lariats
of Fire, the Winsome Griffles, and Wiggle Wagons.
http://www.elriosf.com

Tuesday October 9, 2 pm: Winsome Griffles appear on Generation Q Radio
show on WRSU 88.7FM, Rutgers in New Jersey.

Friday October 12, 9 pm: Winsome Griffles play a Free show at Otto's
Shrunken Head, 538 E. 14th St, New York City.

Saturday October 13, 9 pm: Your Roots Are Showing at AS 220, 115
Empire St,  Providence, Rhode Island, hosted by the band Lucky 57 -
also performing: Thalia Zedek, Winsome Griffles, and Swedish band
Shooting John

Tuesday October 16th, 9 pm: Truth Serum presents Winsome Griffles,
Spoilsport, Can Kickers and Stay At Home Ramblers at O'Brien's Pub, 3
Harvard Avenue, Allston (Boston).