[OutVoice] QMH for Nov 26th, 9pm CST - Songs About AIDS

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 24 13:36:18 CST 2007

Howdy,

In time for World AIDS Day  on December 1st, welcome to my November QMH show,
with a three-hour special  called "Songs About AIDS." There are many aspects
of the  AIDS crisis I wanted to cover, the emotional areas of grief, anger,
sympathy,  the political and social approaches, some of the musical history, and
a variety  of genres, including musicals and choruses. Included are comments
from some of  this music's creators: Ron Romanovsky, Janis Ian, Dan Martin,
Lynn Lavner, Tom  Robinson, Doug Stevens, Mary Gauthier, and Mark Weigle.

Part 1
Salt N Pepa – Let’s Talk About AIDS (1992)
Automatic  Pilot – Safe Livin’ In Dangerous Times (1984)
Paul Phillips – comments  (2003)
Romanovsky & Phillips – Living With AIDS (1988)
Flirtations – Living in Wartime (1992)
Michael Callen – excerpt from  speech at National Conference on AIDS (1988)
Michael Callen – They Are  Falling All Around Me (1996)
Neneh Cherry – I’ve Got You Under My Skin  (1990)
Peter Alsop – Gotta Lotta Livin’ to Do (1990)
Lee  Lessack – Jonathan Wesley Oliver Jr (1995)
Janis Ian – comments  (2001)
Janis Ian – When Angels Cry (1995)
Gregory Gray – Three Minute Requiem (1995)
Rent – Rent (1996)
Team  America – Everyone Has AIDS (2005)
Jay Spears – Positive (2002)
Dan Martin comments (2002)
Dan Martin & Lavender Light  Gay & Lesbian Choir – Lay Your Burden Down
(1995)
Part 2
Geof Morgan – High Risk (1987)
Lynn Lavner comments (2003)
Lynn Lavner – Such Fine Young Men (1986)
Steve Schalchlin – The Group  (2000)
Ten Percent Revue – High Risk for Afraids (1987)
Tom Robinson  comments (2004)
Tom Robinson – Blood Brother (1990)
David Campbell  – Yard Sale (1997)
Kim Criswell – My Brother Lived in San Francisco  (1993)
Doug Stevens comments (2005)
Doug Stevens & the Outband  – HIV Blues (1993)
Mary Gauthier comments (2005)
Mary Gauthier – Goddamn  HIV (1992)
Rodney Crowell -  Wandering Boy (2001)
Reba  McEntire – She Thinks His Name Was John (1994)
Michael Callen – The Healing  Power of Love” (1996)
Part  3
Kinsey Sicks – AZT (1997)
Billi & Patti – Until There Is a Cure  (2003)
Mark & Dean – Is It Over Yet? (2000)
Andrew Mellen – RU+  (1990)
Doug Stevens & the Outband – Act Up (1993)
Scott Free –  AIDS Dimentia (1997)
Dan Bern – Cure for AIDS (1998)
Bruce  Springsteen – Streets of Philadelphia (1993)
Down Low – HIV (1998)
Mark Weigle – If It Wasn’t Love (1998)
Mark Weigle comments  (2002)
Mark Weigle – I Remember (2002)
Keith Christopher – Piece  of Lives (1998)
Kirt Kempter – Common Threats (1996)
Williams Brothers –  Don’t Look Now (1993)
Positive Voices – Greater Than AIDS (1997)

You can stream or download the show  anytime, at
_http://www.queermusicheritage.com/nov2007.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/nov2007.html)

And, the radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm,  Houston, Monday, November 26,
9pm CST, and the station  netcasts _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.kpft.org)

And, come back in December for my Queer Xmas  Shows.

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show  site:

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my  Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and  co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the  GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This  Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past  Audiofile segments are archived
at _http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html_ (http://www.quee
rmusicheritage.com/af.html)
Also  co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, _www.kpft.org_ (http://www.queervoices.org/)
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)