[OutVoice] Robert Urban to play Jeff Buckley tribute in Paris, France June 5

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Wed May 30 07:19:32 CDT 2007

Hey gang - for Jeff Buckley fans -

I first heard of Jeff Buckley from lesbian singer/songwriter/guitarist
Tara-Lynne (a phenonmenal artist in her own right who could really channel Buckley's
style onstage). Tara turned me on to Buckley's magnum opus - The GRACE album.
Eerily, he died the very week i purchased it.

By way of lgbt interest - one song I'm doing at the benefit - "Corpus Christi
Carol" is by gay composer Benjamin Britten. While in Paris between June 1 and
June 6 I'll also be stopping in at several live-music clubs in the gay le
Marais district for some impromptu solo performances.

Tuesday June 5: PARIS, FRANCE
JEFF BUCKLEY TRIBUTE at HARD ROCK Café PARIS
An international cast of rock bands & singer/songwriters honoring Jeff
Buckley
on the 10th anniversary of his death. NYC's Robert Urban performs songs &
poems
recorded by Buckley - "Corpus Christi" by Benjamin Britten, "The Other
Woman", "Jen'en Connais Pas le Fin" and several poems by Walt Whitman.
Paris Hard Rock Cafe
14 Boulevard Montmartre Paris 75009
Tickets: 10 € - 8pm showtime
Event Website: http://www.myspace.com/jeffbuckleyfrenchtribute