[OutVoice] QMH for Monday, May 28th, 9pm CST

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat May 26 17:35:31 CDT 2007

Howdy,

Welcome  to another two part show on Transgender Music. For May’s show we
start with the  first famous transsexual, Christine Jorgensen, and who knew that
a couple of her  night club shows had been captured? Well, record producer
David Cunard did, and  we’ll hear him tell about his recording her in 1985. And we
’ve got the stories  of two very different trangendered performers, with
about 40 years between their  public careers. Terry Noel was a showgirl in the
famed Jewel Box Revue and also  New York City’s 82 Club in the early 60’s and
she talks about those days, her  SRS, and life since. Then, jump to the present
to hear from Sarafina Marachino,  one of the founders of the all-transgenderd
band Lipstick Conspiracy. Sara talks  about the band and its gender politics.

Part 1, 42:35 min
Christine Jorgensen – Welcome To My World (1985)
Christine  Jorgensen – intro and “I Enjoy Being a Girl” (1985)
David  Cunard Interview
Christine Jorgensen – See What the Boys in the Backroom Will Have (1985)
Terry  Noel Interview
Hermione Baddeley – I Changed My Sex a Week Ago Today (1961)
Terry Noel – Lies of Handsome Men (2007)
Part 2, 28:00  min
Lipstick Conspiracy – Welcome to the Gender Frontier (2006)
Sarafina Marachino  Interview
Lipstick Conspiracy  – I Won’t Go (2006)
Lipstick Conspiracy  – Constant Craving (2006)
Lipstick Conspiracy – Just a Girl (2006)
You can  stream or  download this show anytime at my site,

_http://www.queermusicheritage.com/may2007.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/may2007.html)

And  the radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston,  Monday, May 28th, 9pm
CST, and the station netcasts at  www.kpft.org.

Thanks for  listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music  Heritage" radio show  site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio   site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the  monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities,  airing on over  150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The  Audiofile site is at  www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments  are archived
at  http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also  co-host of Queer Voices on  KPFT, every
Monday night from 8-10 pm,
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)