[OutVoice] "If you could turn back time!" Aug 6 NYC

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 12:15:20 CDT 2007

Big stars! - Big hair! - Big shoulders! - Big songs!

Here's an advance head's up for N.Y.C. Outmusic open mic performers -
Classic 80s dance/rock/party band R.U.B. will be guest hosting
the upcoming Monday August 6 open mic at Rockwood Hall, NYC.

For all attendees - If the mood so grips you -
feel free to dust off that 50s-60s-70s-80s-90s era cover tune you've been
wanting
to perform all these years - and join in on the fun.  It's gonna be a party
night!

luv the spandex -

R.U. of R.U.B.
Urban Productions, NYC

R.U.B. - Maximum classic 80's rock & pop
New York City's favorite party/dance band

Who are R.U.B.? They are four experienced NYC-based musicians, each of whom
have gained a reputation in Gotham's independent music scene in their own
right: Award-winning musician/producer ROBERT URBAN of The Robert Urban Band on
vocals and guitar; bassist STEVE SULLIVAN (also of The Robert Urban Band);
Electro pop-star GORDON SMITH of the band Rubberlegs on vocals and synths; and
drummer ANTHONY MAULELLA (also of Rubberlegs).

> A favorite with gay, lesbian, transgender and straight audiences alike, the
> bandmembers of R.U.B. - with their exhuberant and genuine approach to the
> memorable, danceable and singable 80's pop hits we all grew up on - have taken
> the NYC club-scene by storm. Recent NYC shows include appearances at the
> Lower East Side's ROCKWOOD HALL, HELEN'S CABARET in the heart of gay Chelsea,
> world-famous DANNY's SKYLIGHT LOUNGE on Broadway's Restaurant Row,  the Upper
> West Side's upscale CITRUS BAR and many "back-by-popular-demand" evenings at
> PENANG LOUNGE on Columbus Ave.
>
> RU.B. has been known to feature special surprise guest performers -
> including some of Manhattan's most beloved celebrity impersonators.  Recent guests
> include Janis Joplin impersonator extraordinaire TRAVIS; revered Carol
> Channing clone CLOVER HONEY; and the unsinkable Howie V CHER.  It's no surprise that
> R.U.B. is quickly becoming a favorite of LGBT pride-fests across the U.S.

R.U.B. covers include -
A Flock of Seagulls: Adam Ant: Bananarama: The Beatles: Pat Benatar: David
Bowie: The Cars:
Cheap Trick: Cher: Elvis Costello: Depeche Mode: Devo: Thomas Dolby:
Eurythmics:
Marianne Faithful: Peter Gabriel: Nick Gilder: Garbage: Heart: Hilary: Billy
Idol: Ramones: Cyndi Lauper:
Led Zeppelin: Missing Persons: Modern English: The Monroes: Alison Moyet:
Gary Numan: The Odds:
Our Daughter’s Wedding: Robert Palmer: Iggy Pop: The Pretenders: The
Psychedelic Furs:
Pete Shelley: Rolling Stones: Simple Minds: The Smiths: and more!

Outmusic Open Mic - ROCKWOOD HALL NYC - Monday, August 6th - 6:30-9:30pm
196 Allen Street - New York City 10002 - 212.477.4155
between E. Houston and Stanton - take the f and v subway to 2nd ave