[OutVoice] Sandy Rapp for Pride In The Arts 2006

SandyRapp at aol.com SandyRapp at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 07:43:55 CDT 2007

>From _SandyRapp.com_ (http://sandyrapp.com/)
Well, it's shameless self-promotion, but Len of StoneWall  Society Pride in
the Arts is encouraging it; and Bell is doing it, so what the  hey. I recently
turned 60 and I had a banner season last year, so I'd like you  to nominate me
for either Musical Artist of the Year 2006-2007 or for  Lifetime Achievement
in Music Award 2006-2007. Nominations are at:
_http://www.stonewallsociety.com/PITA2007/PITAmusicartsnom2007.htm_
(http://www.stonewallsociety.com/PITA2007/PITAmusicartsnom2007.htm)

Some will recall my "Everyone Was At Stonewall" won StoneWall  Society's 2004
Pride Song of the Year; and more of my general Bio is at  SandyRapp.com. As
for 2006, I lobbied, wrote political articles for gay  magazines, sang as an
Outmusic Award nominee in Manhattan's Crash Mansion,  performed as a singing
Grand Marshall of Long Island Pride Parade, and played a  SAGE Benefit at
Manhattan's GLBT Center.

In July, at National NOW's Fortieth Anniversary Conference, I  lead all the
NOW leaders, past and present, in  "Marchin' With Molly  Yard" and "Remember
Rose: A Song for Choice." In August I received a LIP  Award for best song from
Lipstick TV and New Horizons at the Toast Lounge,  Somerville, MA and performed
at NYU Law School my new tribute song  "Rise Up Ye Women," which was released
on my 2006 CD  Salute to the Veteran Feminists:
_http://www.myspace.com/sandyrapp_ (http://www.myspace.com/sandyrapp) . The song was  eventually written
up in The New Yorker - 11/13/06; and I received  some excellent CD reviews and
a nice blurb in ASCAP's Playback - Summer  Issue. I also played the NOW-NY
State Convention, introducing a  nationally-acclaimed reproductive rights pioneer
with my  "Ballad Of  Billy Baird." So many thanks to any and all who nominate
Sandy  Rapp at