[OutVoice] "The Harris Guide 2008" The GLBT Press Guide

upstartpub at aol.com upstartpub at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 15:34:56 CDT 2007

Hi:

?

It is Paul Harris here. It has been several years since the last edition of "The Harris Guide," the directory of the GLBT press worldwide, was last published. However, requests from performers, singer-songwriterswriters, journalists, reviewers, activists, public relations companies,?and libraries, have continued to come in so the three editions of the book first published under the title "The Queer Press Guide" back in 1999? and later as "The Harris Guide" obviously answered a need. One edition of the book even earned a Lambda Literary Award nomination - pretty unusual for what is basically a directory, when all is said and done.

?

It has been decided to publish a new edition that will be in the bookshops?before the end of this calendar year. If anyone on the list is familiar with any new GLBT publications that have started within the last few years please let me know the name and if possible a web site address as I want the next edition to be as complete as possible. In previous editions no publication went into the book unless I either saw a hard copy of the publication, was able to access it on the WWW or I heard directly from the publication itself. In this way although I may have missed a few publications I could be as sure as possible that I only listed publications that were currently in print.

Thanking you in advance for your help. Please respond to me at?UpstartPub at aol.com.

With best wishes,
?

Paul Harris