[OutVoice] Remembering Bunny/Shine On...

Terry Christopher enterrytainer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 17:48:50 CST 2007

I met Bunny through Gordon Smith after coming to support Gordon/Rubberlegs at a gig in 2002.  I have been lucky to share the stage with Rubberlegs on some wonderful occasions.  Bunny was always very supportive, happy, and well, radiant.  He was in his element, that of music, and always had a glow, an energy or vitality that was very contagious. I am deeply saddened by his passing and the loss of his presence in the GLBT music community will sting for quite sometime.  Bunny was very supportive of my music and my (lyric) writing, so this is for Bunny...I/We miss you!

  Yours was a generous smile
  And your arms always open wide
  Filled with a music
  Whose rhythms you did ride
  Always supportive & sincere
  A true rare gentle man
  Now called home to rock
  In Heaven's greatest celestial band
  Though brief our encounters
  And moments equally too few
  I felt a special connection
  I found a new friend when I met you
  The people you have touched
  In your own special way
  Are missing you so much
  Each second of each minute of each and every day
  Tears roll down as memories unlock and begin to rewind
  To moments and words shared with many
  That were gracious, honest, & kind
  Too often we get lost in the pursuit of the dream
  To stop and take in scene after scene
  But you were of each moment from beginning to end
  Even at the expense of worrying your closest friend
  Now we feel your absence and it's sadness that we fight
  We hold you close in thought, because you are now out of sight
  We will draw memories close so you are truly never far
  Bunny, we gaze up, remember, love and lift
  As we look to you, Heaven's newest star
  Shine on...
  -TC