[OutVoice] "QueerWaves" playlist--2/24

CAGETAYLOR at aol.com CAGETAYLOR at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 11:43:46 CST 2007

Dear Outsters--
Digital Debra and I rolled out the red carpet for the movies, songs about
movies, and songs by and about movie stars with our annual "QueerWaves Salutes
the Movies.."
Here's what you'd have heard if you tuned in to 91.7fm KOOP Austin around
3pm Saturday, or if you linked to the webcast at _http://www.koop.org_
(http://www.koop.org)  while you munched the  popcorn..

(Oh, and a word or two--or more--of explanation...as a High Dungeon Holy
Day, "Oscar Eve," we honor the heritage of the movies by playing music by gay
and not so gay musicians. After all, straight people have made contributions to
our film history--take "Dukes of Hazzard"..)

CHRISTINE PEDI (as BETTE MIDLER)/"Who's Gay In Hollywood"/Forbidden
Hollywood: Original Cast Recording
JUDY GARLAND/"Dear Mr. Gable/You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want To Do
It)"/Judy Garland in Hollywood
KIM CARNES/"Bette Davis Eyes"/The Mistaken Identity Collection
BLUE OYSTER CULT/"Joan Crawford"/Fire of Unknown Origin
k.d.lang/"Theme From 'The Valley Of The Dolls' (Junior Vasquez 7")"/CD  single
MRS. FUN (featuring JANET PLANET)/"The Windmills Of Your Mind"/Forever
Dusty: Homage to an Icon
DAVID ESSEX/"Rock On"/Rock On
ANNETTE/"Muscle Beach Party"/Muscle Beach Party
CAPTAIN SMARTYPANTS/"Xanadu"/Undercover
ELTON JOHN/"I've Seen That Movie Too"/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
TAB HUNTER/"My Baby Just Cares For Me"/Tab Hunter
ROD McKUEN AND ROCK HUDSON/"Love Of The Common People"/Rod McKuen Greatest
Hits, Vol 4
TONY PERKINS/"Hit The Road To Dreamland"/Tony Perkins
DAVID BOWIE/"It There Life On Mars?"/The Singles: 1969 to 1993

Don't forget to let me know..What Song Made You Gay? Send your responses to
_CAGETAYLOR at aol.com_ (mailto:CAGETAYLOR at aol.com) ..

Love, Taylor
"QueerWaves"--Taylor Cage, host and producer
A showcase for glbt  and just plain queer musicians and their music
On Saturdays, 3pm to 4pm  Central Time
91.7fm KOOP Austin TX
Live Webcasts, Schedules, Playlists and  more
@ _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org/)
Studio  Phone: 1-888-915-5667(KOOP)
http://www.myspace.com/tayloratx

Please  send promotional material to: