[OutVoice] QMH for Monday, Feb 26th, "Bear Music"

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 22:51:22 CST 2007

Howdy,
   Okay, I got carried away again. I set out on Queer Music Heritage to do a
tribute to the music of the Bear Community, and I ended up with 6 hours,
including interviews with Freddy Freeman, Martin Swinger and Greg Hudson. Of course
the "radio version" is only an hour, and it's a condensation of the first two
shows. I sure had fun putting it together and hope you check it out.

Part 1
Henry Hall & His Orchestra – Teddy Bear’s Picnic (1932)
Martin Swinger – Teddy Bear’s Picnic (2000)
Greg Hudson Interview
Leroy Lamb – What It Feels Like for a Bear (2005)
Grecote, featuring Freddy Freeman – Closer (2007)
John Topping – I Am a Bear (1994)
Paul Golio (of Woof) Interview
Woof – Just a Bear (1997)
MusicBear – Teddy Bear (Woofy Mix) (2000)
Martin Swinger Interview
Martin Swinger – Teddy Bear’s Lullaby (2000)
Martin Swinger – Huggin’ and Chalkin’ (2000)
Hoagy Carmichael – Huggin’ and Chalkin’ (1947)

Part 2
Martin Swinger – Waltzing With Bears (2000)
Martin Swinger – You Baby Two (2000)
Martin Swinger – Military Ditty / Give Us Our Own (2004, live)
Mark Weigle – Bears (2002)
The Brady Bears (2006)
Freddy Freeman Interview
Freddy Freeman – Echo (2007)
Freddy Freeman – Break the Silence (2007)
Freddy Freeman – Free Man (2007)
Freddy Freeman – Fat Bottom Bears (2003, live)

Part 3
Straight Up Queer – Woof (2005)
Straight Up Queer – Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down (2006)
Tommy Johns – Hate Is Not a Family Value (2005)
Tommy Johns – You and Me (2005)
Max Christopher – Stupid Happy Song (2006)
Hirsute Pursuit – I Know What Boys Like (2006)
Kendall – Ain’t Love Queer (2005)
Kendall – Fuzzy Bear (2004)
The Rugburns – My Boyfriend (1994)
Pahtcub – Be There (2006)
Greg Hudson Interview, continued
Reigning Men – Gaydar (2002)
Vanity Bear – Bear Fatal Is My Name (2005)
Michael West – What If (2007)
Michael West – Mr Misunderstood (2004)
Manchester Manbears – That Don’t Impress Me Much (2006)
Ron Morris – Have To Do (2005)
Ron Morris – More (2005)

Part 4
Bigg Nugg – BPA (Bear Pride Anthem ’07) (2007)
Bigg Nugg – Sweat (2006)
LeRoy Lamb – Dominate Me (2006)
Don Harvey – Otter (2004)
Don Harvey – Queer Cowboy Lament (2004)
Mike Ator – Have You Met Lonely (2006)
Mike Ator – Angel Beside Me (2006)
Freddy Freeman Interview, continued
Freddy Freeman – I’m Here I’m Queer I’m Country (2004)
Freddy Freeman – Outmusic (2006)
Freddy Freeman – Village Crawl (2006)
Yolanda – I Wanna Know (2004, live)
Charlie K Brown – For My Best Friend (2006)
Godplead – If (2006)
BEARatones – Exit 5 Rest Stop (2006)
Jeffrey Altergott – My Handy Man
Ain’t Handy No More (1997)
Jeffrey Altergott – Damn Love (2004)

Part 5
Mark Weigle – Buddy Got Gut (2005)
Sally Strugglers – Big Boy (1996)
Pink Steel – More to Love (2007)
Elijah Black – Bleed for You (2004)
Kub65 – Blackbear (1995)
Kub65 – Apricot Hanky (2001)
Cubsound – I Saw Him Once (2006)
Kerry Land – Sante Fe (2002)
Cowboy Dick – Cowboy Butts (1999)
Shannon Grady – Paul & Gene (2006)
Shannon Grady – Falling (2006)
Ernest David Lijoi – The Sweet Side of Goodbye (2000)
Ernest David Lijoi – Chandler Street (2002)
Russ Turk – Boys I Like (2005)
MusicBear – Homophobia (2000)
Kenny Lockwood – Tin Angel (2001)
Nekked – How Come You Don’t Love Me (2006)

Part 6
London Gay Men’s Chorus – Teddy Bear’s Picnic (2001)
Alan Reade – Never Look Back (2002)
The Bobbleheads – Crush (2004)
John Ashfield – Moon River (2007)
John Ashfield – Johnny Mathis (2007)
Matthew Temple – Written on the Rails (2006)
Matthew Temple – Eyes of a Poet (2006)
Smokey the Bear, with Clint Walker (1950)
Jack Schell – Bear Man Hoedown (2006)
Flipping the Pig – Saw It In a Movie (2005)
Max Christopher – The One (2006)
Shane Owen – Beat Control (2006)
Dave Montana – Collecting Dust (2004)
Dave Montana – I Don’t Believe in Love (2004)
Andy Northrup – Conspiracy (2001)
Andy Northrup – The Moment You Know (2001)
Andy Northrup – It Ain’t Easy (2004)

You can stream or download this show anytime at my site,
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/feb2007.html

And the radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston, Monday, Feb 26th, 9pm CST,
and the station netcasts at www.kpft.org.

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 8-10 pm,
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle