[OutVoice] Metropolitan Klezmer: NYTimes video & Best of 2007 CDs!

Eve Sicular sicular at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 20:48:03 CST 2007

Metropolitan Klezmer in end-of-year news, including The New York Times!

We're in a New York Times video feature, "Urban Eye: Xmas for the Rest of Us"
And our CD "Traveling Show" is on a Best of 2007 list in many Jewish papers.

Metropolitan Klezmer starts at 1:22 into this cute NYTimes.com video ...
Footage is from Tuesday's show at The Jewish Museum, including Patrick
Farrell on accordion & Karen Waltuch on viola, with a brief applause
shot of the full band. Enjoy (after a quick commercial):
http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=bb402651e47ba4f9ab704737a91e2dc88bcbc653

And here's a link for the Best-Albums column by George Robinson with
his five-star writeup of Metropolitan Klezmer's "Traveling Show" CD,
one of just eight top-rated releases for 2007.
This piece is currently in Jewish Journal of Greater LA, and will also
run in New York's Jewish Week as well as Detroit Jewish News and the
Boston Jewish Advocate:
http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=18655

Thanks to all who came to our shows, purchased CDs, and supported live music!
To hear and read more about "Traveling Show," check out:
http://cdbaby.com/metklez4

happy new year everyone, hope to play for you in 2008!

~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Upcoming shows:
Wednesday, April 9th at Eldridge Street Museum for "Music from Yiddish
Celluloid"
http://www.eldridgestreet.org/programs_c.htm

and showcasing for the Arts Presenters Conference, APAP
Monday, January 14th at 7:15pm, NY Suite (4th floor), Hilton NY Towers

~Eve for Metropolitan Klezmer & Isle of Klezbos
http://metropolitanklezmer.com

~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~
Eve Sicular | drummer, bandleader
Metropolitan Klezmer & Isle of Klezbos
151 First Avenue #145
NYC  10003  USA
tel:       212-475-4544
mobile: 347-804-4439
fax:       212-677-6304
sicular at gmail.com
http://metropolitanklezmer.com
http://myspace.com/metroklez
http://myspace.com/klezbos

New CD, =Traveling Show=
"Originality, expert musicianship and a keen world music sensibility"
-ALL ABOUT JAZZ
http://cdbaby.com/metklez4
& on iTunes too!