[OutVoice] Maxine Feldman

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 16:12:59 CDT 2007

In a message dated 8/20/2007 12:54:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jddoyle1 at aol.com writes:

Hello,
As I've not seen it posted yet, I am letting the  list  know that Maxine
Feldman passed away on August 18th, in  Albuquerque, NM. I do  not have any
deta
ils yet, but I want to share  with you the text from the  description of her
Outmusic Honorary  Award, in 2004. She was indeed one of our   pioneers.

Yes, definitely. She was singing about being queer way back when no one  did.

I used to visit her when she lived in Boston. She'd pull out her old photos
and talk about touring, the festivals, recording her first song, all kinds of
stuff. I miss her. Go in peace, my friend.

Maxine died unexpectedly after battling the flu for a couple of weeks. Her
partner, Helen, was with her.

Jamie

Jamie  Anderson
singer-songwriter-parking lot attendant