[OutVoice] QMH for Monday April 23rd, 9pm CST...Gay Hip Hop!

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 21 09:40:03 CDT 2007

Howdy,
What fun I had putting together a show on Gay Hip Hop! I  think I've covered
the history and also many of the exciting recent acts, and  got a very
reflective interview with Tori Fixx, and quotes by a number of  others. I'll also
cover the film "Pick Up the Mic" and the recent Homo  Revolution Tour. The "radio
version" will air on Monday, and there are two  additional segments on my
site.

Part  1
Pick  Up the Mic – Opening Montage (2005)
Bigg  Nugg – La Revolucion (2007)
Man  Parrish – Hip Hop Be Bop (Don’t Stop) (1984)
Age  of Consent – Fight Back (1981)
Me’Shell  Ndegeocello – Leviticus: Faggot (1996)
Queen  Penn & Me’Shell Ndegeocello – Girlfriend (1997)
Rainbow  Flava – Freaky (2000)
Tori  Fixx Interview
Tori Fixx – Marry Me (2004)
Tori Fixx – Breakthrough (2003)
Deep  Dickollective – We Out (2004)
Deadlee  – Nasty (2006)
Johnny  Dangerous – Topsy Turvy (2003)
God-des  & She – Love You Better (2007)
B.Q.E.  – Understand/Overstand (2003)
Part  2
Miss  Money – Xcursion (2002)
Jenro  – Try It (2006)
Queer  Pen – Girlfriend (1997)
CWA  – Chickenhawk (1995)
Dutchboy  – Funky Bisexual (2003)
Rainbow Flava – Sweet Playa (2000)
Tori  Fixx Interview, continued
Tori Fixx – Anthem  (2004, with Katastrophe, Dutchboy, Aggracyst)
Tori Fixx & Johnny Dangerous – Area Code 404 (2004)
Tori Fixx – Take Care of U (2002)
Tori Fixx – Code Red (2007)
No  Time – Gay Gangstas (1997)
Common  – Between Me, You & Liberation (2002)
Soce  – Movin’ On (2006)
Soce  – I Am So Gay (2005)
Anthony  Antoine – Dontueva (2005)
Salvimex  – Tributo A Mi Tierra (2006)
Team  Gina – ButchFemme (2007)
Melange  Lavonne – Gay Bash (2007)
Delacruz  – Gay Pride (2006)
Part  3
Mz  Fontaine – Wavin’ da Flag (2006)
John  Callahan Interview
Age  of Consent – Gay History Rap (1982)
Age of Consent – Schizo Rap (1982)
John Sugar  Interview
Jon  Sugar – Gay Type Thang (1984)
Cyryus  – The Immaculate Deception (1998)
Kastrophe  – Oh, No (2005)
JFP  – Straight Bitches (2006)
Scream  Club – And You Belong to Me (2006)
BALLS  – Boy Watcher (1992)
Gay  Boy Ric – I’m da Beastie Gay (late 90s)
Scott  Thompson – Dear Marshall (2000)
Sudden  Death – I’m Not a Man (1995)
Alan  Lett & Ben Shallenberger – From Now On (2004)
Qboy  – Q.B.O.Y (Is Just So Fly) / Moxie / Coming  Out 2 Party (2007)
Aaron-Carl  – Bring It On (2002)
Cazwell  – I Buy My Socks on 14th Street (2006)
Deadlee  – Good Soldier II (2006) Bigg  Nugg – My Family (2007, with Qboy &
Deadlee)

You can  stream or download this show anytime at my site,

_http://www.queermusicheritage.com/apr2007.html_
(http://www.queermusicheritage.com/apr2007.html)

And the radio version is on KPFT, 90.1fm, Houston,  Monday, April 23rd, 9pm
CST, and the station netcasts at  www.kpft.org.

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music  Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio  site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over  150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at  www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at  http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on  KPFT, every
Monday night from 8-10 pm,
and at MySpace: _http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle_
(http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle)